jitterbug127

Bank Guys, Are You Using A Bag, Box Or Backpack?

I have both a plano tackle bag and backpack. I gave up on hard boxes, just like trays better. I keep going back and forth on which to use. I like the backpack because it keeps my gear out of way, but the bag is easier to organize. I just wanted some more opinions on this.the bag is always falling off my shoulder lugging 2 poles a net etc. I feel like once i get a boat it will be bag only all the time but til then i am just not sure. I hate buying a tackle bag and not using it but man the backpack is easier.

I carry/use a waste pack I can fit 2 3600boxes in, my worm binder, and a small box of assorted weights and hooks as well as any other odds and ends in the 3 pockets.  Great thing about it, I can slip the 1 or 2 rods I'm not fishing between the pack up against my back and they are out of the way.  Need to swap, I have my quiver of rods I can reach back and pull one out and slip the other in the seam.

When I'm out in a boat I bring the bag with everything in it. When I am fishing from the bank I carry a Plano box with me. The bag just weighs too much to lug around.

Awesome. I can keep everything i own in my bag and it weighs under 15 lbs. My stuff is very specific for where i fish. Basically theough trial and error i sold anything i didnt hit with. Weight isnt issue just convenience vs intended purchase i guess

I use a bag when i am in my yak and when i ride in anothers boat.  I use my back pack when shore fishing or even wadeing in a stream.  I do not have a fishing dedicated back pack but a regluar one works just fine for me.  I dont bring a net so that is a situation i have not come threw yet!

backpack for soft plastics and a plano satchel tackle box for everything else. works perfect

None of the above. If it doesn't fit in one of my pockets, I don't need it to catch fish.

• Like 3

None of the above. If it doesn't fit in one of my pockets, I don't need it to catch fish.

I hope you at least wear painters pants so you have a lot of pockets!!!! :respect-059:

Not sure what they're called, but it does have several pockets. Seriously though, I don't fish a bunch of different baits.

• Like 2

Currently, I'm using a tactical military pack. For 25 bucks at a sportsmen's convention I can carry 4 3600 tackle boxes, 2 2 tray 3700 boxes by Plano, and pliers, line cutters, etc. The main problem I have with it is the zippers keep breaking on me. The straps are annoying. Over all I carry more than I need, especially for bank fishing. I also carry a bass master bag to carry my soft plastics. That is totally worth it.

I just use a regular backpack; tried a tackle bag and found hopping from rock to rock the tackle bags momentum would throw off me off.

I put a couple things in my pockets and go. Bank trips are usually short so I don't have time to change baits a bunch anyways. 

• Like 1

I just use my old ugly stick tackle bag. I can carry 4 plano boxes and tons of soft plastics in the sides and front pockets.

Yes, yes, and yes-though one of my boxes has recently been relegated to storing extra baits,line, hooks, sinkers, etc. which won't fit in my backpack, other box, or soft bag.  My "system" is in constant flux and I'm always looking for better ways to carry everything.

Spider Wire Tackle Backpack. Has 2 Rod holders and tons of room for everything. Got it at Dicks Sporting Goods

Backpack with 2 3700 and 1 3600

I just use a backpack with a few plano boxes in it.

You must have some big pockets to fit those huge swimbaits in them like the one in your profile picture!

• Like 1