That's some nasty browsing you're doing there. ;)

Just kidding, nice trout! And nice BR advert haha. Seems like you've been slaying them lately.

Yummy, looks fine to me!

That's some nasty browsing you're doing there. ;)

Just kidding, nice trout! And nice BR advert haha. Seems like you've been slaying them lately.

It wasn't until 2 years ago that I started fishing for bass with anything other than a weightless or t-rigged finesse worm on 6lb test. 90% of my time was spent chasing trout and crappies, I pretty much have them dialed in 24/7 365 in my area...So when I want to catch trout, I can go catch trout. Same goes for crappies. Now I just need to figure out this bass stuff  :eyebrows: .

• Like 1

It wasn't until 2 years ago that I started fishing for bass with anything other than a weightless or t-rigged finesse worm on 6lb test. 90% of my time was spent chasing trout and crappies, I pretty much have them dialed in 24/7 365 in my area...So when I want to catch trout, I can go catch trout. Same goes for crappies. Now I just need to figure out this bass stuff  :eyebrows: .

According to your profile your PB basss is 8-9lbs...sounds like you've got those fish figured out decently well too. :P

According to your profile your PB basss is 8-9lbs...sounds like you've got those fish figured out decently well too. :P

My PB isn't that exciting, it is a 24"er that lives in my neighbors pond, that I fish 2-3 times a week (only a 3 acre pond so she is smart as all heck to be caught that seldomly, the 22"er is also smart as all heck). I have caught her 3 times since the first capture in August 2013.

I have a spot picked out for pre-spawn 2015 that gets stocked with trout = big mammas, I'm gonna try to break the legendary 10lb mark this spring (aim high miss low) lord knows there are some giants in there, I have seen plenty of them with my own eyes! They are just so friggin smart.

Deep knows the spot I'm referring to.

• Like 1

Wow that looks good!...

Never tried deep frying trout. I've always either baked it or grilled it.

• Like 1

I battered and deep fried one of my old sneakers once, tasted pretty good, lol.  We only grill, bake, broil or a light saute once in a while our fish. I like to get the real taste of the fish, not the oil or breading, but it does taste good.

ditto! looks good though! 

They make good cut bait for catfish, I'd rather eat the cutting board though. 

I battered and deep fried one of my old sneakers once, tasted pretty good, lol.  We only grill, bake, broil or a light saute once in a while our fish. I like to get the real taste of the fish, not the oil or breading, but it does taste good.

Sometimes it's best not to let the "real taste" of a stocked trout come out. But stripers, triggerfish, mahi, flounder, and seabass are my favorites to sautee/grill with light seasoning. Fish from the ocean can really put a freshwater fish to shame on the dinner table.

They make good cut bait for catfish, I'd rather eat the cutting board though. 

The fishy taste is in the fat. Don't eat the belly meat and scrape the brown fat layer off the outside of the filet after you peel the skin off.

I'm curious, how'd you fillet them and get the bones out?

Fried Trout is the only way I can eat that ,,,,,, stuff, but by the time I cleaned it and boned it I had wasted a ton of meat.

Fried Trout is the only way I can eat that ,,,,,, stuff, but by the time I cleaned it and boned it I had wasted a ton of meat.

If they're not big enough to filet. just gut them and bake or grill them whole. The skin and bones just peel right off

The bones dissolve if you fry them if the fish are under 18" (just make sure you cut the rib cage out)