Bluebasser86

Code Blue!

Blue was a good night fishing color for me the past year, and bladed jigs were a good night fishing bait, put the two together...

20141227_125906_zps702b420b.jpg

I think this with a sapphire blue pit boss on the back is going to catch a lot of night time bass for me this next summer :)

• Like 8

Looks good..... "Blue"

That looks great!

That is just fantastic!!!! I have had some really good success running an all blue spinnerbait in slightly stained water with 3' of visibility and I bet that will work good even during the day, you have the perfect shade, nice work!!!  BTW, I love that head for just normal swim jigs as well, great design.

Why blue? Just asking.

That is just fantastic!!!! I have had some really good success running an all blue spinnerbait in slightly stained water with 3' of visibility and I bet that will work good even during the day, you have the perfect shade, nice work!!!  BTW, I love that head for just normal swim jigs as well, great design.

I'll be fishing it during the day too no doubt. Sapphire blue is a great jig color during the day in stained water like you said. I do also use that head for swim jigs, although I prefer the 3/8oz for bladed jigs and the 1/4oz for swim jigs. 

Why blue? Just asking.

I've had good success with sapphire blue jigs in stained water (90% of the water around here is at least stained). 

How'd you color the blade? Anodized? Powder Coat?

Sounds like cabin fever has set in lol

How'd you color the blade? Anodized? Powder Coat?

I use a powder paint air brush.

Sounds like cabin fever has set in lol

Not really any cabin fever hear yet, the power plant lakes do a good job keeping that away :)

• Like 1

Mind pming me a link where I can check this airbrush out?

Please post as I would be interested as well.

Allen

That looks killer. Blue is a key color in the bass' underwater world. The fins of bluegill are blue. The tips of crayfish claws are blue. Is that skirt handmade?

Please post as I would be interested as well.

Allen

http://www.tjstackle.com/psg.htm

That looks killer. Blue is a key color in the bass' underwater world. The fins of bluegill are blue. The tips of crayfish claws are blue. Is that skirt handmade?

Yes I make all my own skirts and wire tie them to my baits.

Thanks, I just looked at the webpage - All you need for the air gun is a aquarium pump and the adapter?

Let me know when you have a couple for me to "test"........   :eyebrows:

Thanks, I just looked at the webpage - All you need for the air gun is a aquarium pump and the adapter?

Yes, I bought the whole kit from them to make surr I had the right stuff. Make surr to read and follow the directions like I didn't the first time I tried to use it.

• Like 2

That looks like a jig for the Potomac River.

Beautiful presentation.

You did good!

What other colors do you do, post some pics i love the blue.

I do tons of colors, one of my favorite baits to fish so when I see a need for a new color I go home and make it :) I've done lots of colors that I don't have pictures of, but here's a few of them. 

20141022_230053_zps70c114be.jpg20141022_230156_zps32266228.jpg20140929_130329_zps8a76ef70.jpg20141001_103408_zps99b40aad.jpgDSC_0093_zps0192b0e5.jpgDSC_0094_zpsede186e4.jpgDSC_0096_zps77784020.jpgDSC_0091_zpsa98220ae.jpgDSCF0614_zpsab55b5e5.jpgDSCF0612_zps9103cfc5.jpgDSCF0549_zpseeaab733.jpgDSCF0431_zpsc2584284.jpgDSCF0430_zps58357612.jpg

• Like 3

Blue was a good night fishing color for me the past year, and bladed jigs were a good night fishing bait, put the two together...

20141227_125906_zps702b420b.jpg

I think this with a sapphire blue pit boss on the back is going to catch a lot of night time bass for me this next summer :)

I remember how you said you cut the weedguards flush to the head and paint over them. Do you get a clean finish when you paint over it? I tried filling the holes with devcon and it worked all right but after dipping you could still see the ring where the dvcon topped off. I've considered cutting base hole pins just long enough to seel the mold and not even leaving a hole for a weedguard.

I remember how you said you cut the weedguards flush to the head and paint over them. Do you get a clean finish when you paint over it? I tried filling the holes with devcon and it worked all right but after dipping you could still see the ring where the dvcon topped off. I've considered cutting base hole pins just long enough to seel the mold and not even leaving a hole for a weedguard.

I ground a weedguard pin down so it's flush with the edge of the mold.

• Like 1

These are some excellent quality built bait sir. I think im gonna try to make some, to help with the winter months. :eyebrows:

If you dont mind? what kind(brand) of jig is on the black/chart?

They're all built on jigs I poured and tied myself.