Do you connect your kill switch lanyard to yourself while under way.

I do anytime at more than idle speed. I fish alone quit a bit so I figure a second chance might not come around.

Its not only for me ,but for the safety of passengers too.. Fortunately I have never had an incident, but I know of a few accidents that could have been avoided, had the kill switch been worn.

C22

The big motor is never fired up unless my passenger(s) and I are wearing our PFDs and my kill lanyard is attached to my PFD.

• Like 5

The big motor is never fired up unless my passenger(s) and I are wearing our PFDs and my kill lanyard is attached to my PFD.

It is stupid not to.

• Like 3

Probably not as often as I should. Up until this last year, if I wasn't in a tournament it'd be rare for me to even have my vest on. I bought an inflatable in the spring of 2014 and since then, I wear it just about every time out. Now I just have to get better about hooking up the kill switch. 

• Like 1

I bought a wrist strap to use with the kill switch. I found that to be eaiser than hooking to my life jacket. I never ran the outboard motor without the kill switch on my wrist

Yelp! Every time! ;)

X2

Here in MO it is the law anytime the boat is under power.

No idea why you wouldn't do it, if not for your safety, for the safety of others if something happened to you while the boat was under power. 

+10000