Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gardnerjigman

Going For A New Fishing Partner

Recommended Posts

Well guys, after much debate between the wife and I, We've decided to try for a baby boy. We have 2 daughters now, 5 and 2. We both have always wanted a boy but ya get what the good Lord gives you, and he have us 2 beautiful, healthy baby girls.

You guys have any old wives tales for increasing odds for a boy?

Please remember this is a family forum so please try to be respectful. If you think your response is too scandalous for the thread PM me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard something about how to make puppies somewhere along the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard something about how to make puppies somewhere along the way.

:) :) :) cleaver my friend. That's what we call reading between the lines!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got two boys I'll give ya one lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Mom and Dad had 9 grandkids, 8 boys and a girl. My brother had 3 boys, my sister had 3 boys and I have 2 bays and a girl. I have 7 grandkids, 5 boys and 2 girls. Have no clue. I think I remember something from biology class over 50 years ago about some X's and Y's swishing around in a primordial mumbo jumbo and walla, you get what you get. Good Luck. Remember, little girls make great fishing partners too. My 9 year old granddaughter sure is. PS, I had an uncle that had 6 daughters. He died really young with a shotgun across his knees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about when your wife feels like she needs a little boy around you can borrow Lake and when my wife needs little girls around we can borrow yours? Seems like a win-win to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about when your wife feels like she needs a little boy around you can borrow Lake and when my wife needs little girls around we can borrow yours? Seems like a win-win to me. 

 

Lol is it a win-win or is it feeding fuel to the fire? It's worth a shot though. We are thinking probably wait until next spring time. That will put the youngest only a few months away from school. Lake could probably hold her over until then, they seemed to hit it off at the Christmas Party. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is definitely not a 50/50 proposition.  Boys run big time in our family.  I am one of three and all of our grandchildren are boys.  We did have some girls in the inbetween generation, attributed to miscarriages that were likely boys. (most are) If that is the case we would have had 4 boys instead of two and two.  There are some unknown genetics at work.

 

It seems likely that God has figured in the mortality of males due to wars and natural stupidity.  After all, there would be no AFV (America's Funniest Videos) without young men! (and alcohol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only post able wives tale I have ever heard was boxers keep the boys cool and swimming faster. I've heard several other wives tales about the subject but they would never make it past the mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am up to 4 boys now. 2 are mine 2 are hers. Hopefully we get a baby girl in the next couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My couch pulls out how ever I don't and now have #4 on the way. So that's 5 now between the gf and I she has a son already and I have two boys so if this ones a boy you can have it and start fresh and not have the bad habits of my other two boys lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My couch pulls out how ever I don't and now have #4 on the way. So that's 5 now between the gf and I she has a son already and I have two boys so if this ones a boy you can have it and start fresh and not have the bad habits of my other two boys lol.

Wow. I am speachless. Did not see that coming.

Congrats on the new addition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. I am speachless. Did not see that coming.

Congrats on the new addition.

We didn't either she's on BC and takes it everyday at the same time.....oh well another rug rat on the way lol I'm starting my own little army

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best of luck, but as far as a future fishing partner, it may not matter boy or girl.

 

Although they are adults now, we had 3 kids (twin boys & a daughter).  While the boys did fish with me a few times growing up, it was never something that caught their interest (I blame it on the genetics introduced by their mother).  However, when my daughter was about 8, the two of us went catfishing just her & I.  After catching a couple of bass & catfish, she ended the day with a 9 lb. catfish.  This locked her in big time, to the point that she asked if we could go the following day.  We did & she topped her day old PB catfish by catching an 11 pounder.  For a week, she believed it was normal to catch your biggest fish ever each time you went.

 

Being a 20 year old, her interest has waned slightly over the years, what with boys and becoming an adult, but she will still join me a couple of times a year.  It was actually good all the times we went fishing when she was a preteen, it removed any of those "daddy issues" some girls get when they are dying for their fathers attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if its true buuuuuuut......Ive heard after 2 girls you have a 88% chance of a girl the 3rd time around..... I told my wife if the 2nd is a boy we can go for a 3rd but if its a girl Im calling it quits. I dont like the 12% odds lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's hope Gardner!!

Congrats Clayton!

I have 2 boys. Evan is 7 and Justus is 2. Now my wife is expecting again!! We found out when she went for her catscan at the emergency room lol on all the stomach issues she been having.. she does have issues with her intestines where they twist but might explain some of the issues of late lol. Cause we have 2 boys were hoping for a girl!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. We are going to be happy no matter what we get, especially as long as it's healthy.

My daughters are both little fishing fools. My oldest will hang with me no problem, youngest will for a little while but eventually wants in the water! Truly blessed boys!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am up to 4 boys now. 2 are mine 2 are hers. Hopefully we get a baby girl in the next couple of years.

The Raidy Bunch :grin:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×