Sign in to follow this  
Redlinerobert

Ranger's New 522D.

I've been waiting patiently for this?  A 22 ft bass boat/walleye boat?   Also, the consoles look like they came straight out of the late 70's.  I can see the appeal for those fishing the Great Lakes, but here in CA, fishing the Delta, you want a big boat that can go into skinny water.  This is not the boat. 

I hope they'll continue to build the regular 22 ft boat along side this one, as it looks like that will be the boat for me next year. 

This one will definitely not work for me.

http://vicsboats.com/

I've been waiting patiently for this?  A 22 ft bass boat/walleye boat?   Also, the consoles look like they came straight out of the late 70's.  I can see the appeal for those fishing the Great Lakes, but here in CA, fishing the Delta, you want a big boat that can go into skinny water.  This is not the boat. 

I hope they'll continue to build the regular 22 ft boat along side this one, as it looks like that will be the boat for me next year. 

This one will definitely not work for me.

http://vicsboats.com/

I can't even see it on Lake Michigan.  Give me the walk thru windshield of a 600 Series for when that rouge wave hits so I can have something to hide behind.

Not deep enough for the great lakes most of the time. I'll take my 17' Lund any day over a bass boat, regardless of length. Even a 600 series can get sketchy sometimes. I'm seriously considering a Tyee 2075 for my next rig.

Looks nice.

It's not a bass boat nor a Walleye boat. 

That's a cloth wrap around the bottom for display purposes, not part of the boat/hull. It's not a deep as it appears in the video.

It's not a bass boat nor a Walleye boat. 

It's a musky boat

That's a cloth wrap around the bottom for display purposes, not part of the boat/hull. It's not a deep as it appears in the video.

I wish that was the case.  Here are better pictures of the boat. 

Much deeper than the 520 next to it. 

sbs_zpsk2l3g7mk.jpg

Takes an XL shaft engine.

DSCN2422_zpsjjuk3zcb.jpg

Massive.

DSCN2407_zpsxmd4lgzu.jpg

What do you not like about the 522 that you were hoping for something different?

It's way too deep.  Fishing the Delta here in CA, I need a big boat that can get into skinny water.  Not going to happen in this barge. 

Have they released the specs? How much does the boat draft? At 102" wide at the top, I'm betting it has a wider bottom which should draft shallower than a narrower bottom. Any idea what the hull weight is? My 20ft Lund has a similar hull design but smaller, and it is aluminum. It's a cross between a bass boat and a multispecies boat. 93" beam, hull weighs 1600lbs, another 300+ for the motor, 250lbs in batteries, 400lbs in fuel, 250lbs in livewell water, plus gear and fishermen and I can fish in 2fow. I'd wait for the specs and performance data before I got disappointed. :wink2:  

That hull looks like a cross between Rangers multispecies boats and their bay boats. You might be surprised how shallow the draft actually is. 

I'm hoping they will produce the standard 522 alongside this boat.  This has the bottom of the 600 series boat with the cap of a bass boat.  It's a big water boat and looks a lot heavier than the standard 522. 

I should be able to see it at the Sportsman's Expo in Sacramento this coming January.

I'm hoping they will produce the standard 522 alongside this boat.  This has the bottom of the 600 series boat with the cap of a bass boat.  It's a big water boat and looks a lot heavier than the standard 522. 

I should be able to see it at the Sportsman's Expo in Sacramento this coming January.

Took the words right out of my mouth.  600 Hull & 500 Cap.  Not sure if it is going to do either well.

Do they not understand they need to take the 600 and make it deeper to make a better big water boat, not add a bassboat top cap?

Do they not understand they need to take the 600 and make it deeper to make a better big water boat, not add a bassboat top cap?

I don't think they were going for a Great Lakes daily driver. If all I did was big water fishing, I'd be in  Pro Line or a Grady White. A 600 is more than adequate for any large inland lake, and personally I like that style hull and top cap. I believe it to be the perfect compromise.

I don't think they were going for a Great Lakes daily driver. If all I did was big water fishing, I'd be in  Pro Line or a Grady White. A 600 is more than adequate for any large inland lake, and personally I like that style hull and top cap. I believe it to be the perfect compromise.

Then write the check already.  :)

• Like 1

I already got one :wink2:

https://youtu.be/8Z0CodkhhZM

I Really Love that boat slone ~

A-Jay

• Like 1