Sign in to follow this  
Master Bait'r

Favorite Vibration Bait Around Cover?

I fish near a lot of heavy junk- pads, weeds, grass etc. I love working the lanes of open water between and around them but sometimes open trebles can be a real pain.

Normally I'd use a Snagless Sally, a Supernato with a trailer hook or an owner flashy swim- something to that effect.

I'd love to hear what your favorite weed-friendly vibration bait is though- I know there's a million or so options I've never even considered.

If the cover is not "mat"-ish I would consider throwing a top water buzzbait of spinnerbait because of the front arm in front of the hook. But also if the weeds are "stringy" any kind of open hooked bait will become a weed attractant.

Bladed Jig, Bladed Jig, and Bladed Jig. Did I mention Bladed Jig?  ;) 

But seriously this is one of my favorite baits ever. It excels around grass and seems to entice the bigger fish.

• Like 1

Chatterbaits or bladed jigs are good choices. I know this doesn't fit the vibrating description but swimjigs would be another option.

• Like 2

A 1/4 ounce spinnerbait and a single #4 willowleaf blade. As a matter of "guess" that may be the only spinnerbait I will ever need .

• Like 1

I don't really throw vibrating baits around cover (I'm usually too busy throwing frogs in cover).  But when I do, I throw weedless swimbaits mostly a Sick Fish and a weedless Hudd 68.  But, every once and a again I might toss a weedless Chatterbait (Z man Chatterbait Pro 5/8 ounce). 

Scrounger or Bladed Jig - Hands Down.

A-Jay

• Like 1

If it's non emerging grass I like to throw a trap 1st, then a chatterbait.

If not, I like to throw what A Jay does also..

Also, I rig the scrounger with a Sluggo trailer and the chatterbait with a headless skinny dipper. But your milage may vary.

Mike

I fish near a lot of heavy junk- pads, weeds, grass etc. I love working the lanes of open water between and around them but sometimes open trebles can be a real pain.

Normally I'd use a Snagless Sally, a Supernato with a trailer hook or an owner flashy swim- something to that effect.

I'd love to hear what your favorite weed-friendly vibration bait is though- I know there's a million or so options I've never even considered.

1/2 oz Rippin Rap on braid. Hit a weed or 2 in those lanes and you can rip it through. Let the bait flutter after the rip and you can be in business. 

All time favorite and old school would be a short-arm spinnerbait. Colorado for thump in low light or stained water, willow for clear water, bright skies. Who the hell knows, a Colorado with bright skies and clear water!? Who ever read the spinnerbait book but us? 

When I want thump and weedless I go to a paddle tail soft plastic.

White double willow spinnerbait. If I have the option I'm going early and I will catch 2x as many on a cavitron

For me, nothing calls fish out of vegetation like a bladed jig. The report I posted the other day in the Fishing Reports forum every fish I caught on my bladed jig was fishing around and over vegetation. Ticking them over the tops and then snapping it anytime I started to collect some weeds and they were slamming it.

http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/topic/160330-decent-day/