Sign in to follow this  
backcast88

Seaguar Invizx

I used 8lb InvizX on a spinning reel several years ago and did not care for it.  It had a lot of stretch and zero abrasion resistance.  I know AbrazX is more abrasion resistant, hence the name. 

I have access to a larger spool of 17lb InvizX.  I'm thinking of getting it for Carolina rigs and 1/2-3/4oz football jigs.  Does InvizX have a lot of stretch in the higher pound ratings or is better (less stretch)?  I've used Sunline Sniper a lot so if anybody has used higher pound (14-20lb) in both lines, how do they compare?  Thanks. 

17 lb fluorocarbon, monofilament or copolymer will be hard to manage on spinning tackle.

If you think you need that much strength, 20 lb braid would be a better choice. 

:fishing-026:

17 lb fluorocarbon, monofilament or copolymer will be hard to manage on spinning tackle.

If you think you need that much strength, 20 lb braid would be a better choice. 

:fishing-026:

I would never dream of putting 17lb fluoro on a spinning reel. This would be on a Lew's Team Lite. I was saying my only experience with InvizX was with 8lb on a spinning reel and I wasn't pleased. This was 3 or 4 years ago so I'm willing to try it again as long as it's not really stretchy like the 8lb.

I have 8lb Invizx on a Shimano Stradic and have not had any issues but I do use KVD line conditioner.  I too would not put 17b FC line on a spinning reel.   10lb is usually the most I will go. 

I've never used Sniper. Have Invisx from 6 to 15 pounds. Do notice the stretchy feel a lot more in the lower diameter versions, which you would expect. Not enough in 15 to be a deal breaker for me, but a little more stretch in that line than in other 15 lb. fluoros I've tried. I actually think the feel and manageability of the Invisx is a good trade off for a tad more stretch. And I have not had a lot of abrasion issues with that line (12# and up); and I fish a lot of bottom contact baits in rock here in the Ozarks. It's not the toughest stuff around, but if you are good about checking it and retying from time to time, I think it's fine.

I don't have any experience with 17# Invizx, but this year I switched from 30# braid to 12# Invizx, fished on a 7'5" MHXF.  The heaviest bait I've used is a 1/2 ounce jig (plus trailer).  The stretch took some getting used to after using braid, but I have no complaints about the line.  I was concerned about the stretch on hooksets, but had no problem getting good hook penetration on the hookset in 20 feet of water with the jig.  I would guess 17# would stretch less than 12#.

I use both and the Invizx stretches more than the Sniper in comparable line diameters. I can actually feel the difference fairly easy as well. My vote would be stick with Sniper or if you want to use Seaguar then get Abrazx and use KVD Line and Lure. Abrazx has a lot less stretch but is also a lot less manageable.

I was truly disappointed with invisx 12# and 20# test. It's like a rubber band and breaks easily.

I call it Seajunk. Waste of money.

I found P-Line CX to be a much better line.

I just tossed all of my InvizX as in like 10 spools. ticked me off. Lost 3 10+ from line breaking (not at the knot) on hook set (2 times) and 2-3 min into a battle with a giant the other night.

I am pretty careful with my line and doubt that I did anything to mess it up. Just my personal experience with it.

AbrazX is better I hope. I have a bunch of that as well.

All in all though I'm looking to switch to a new brand.

Oh and it was 15# each time and different line from different spools.

Ok.  Sounds like I need to stick to what I know.  Or try the new Sunline Assassin FC in 20lb. 

I used 20# Invisex for a long time until I switched to Sniper.

Won't go back.

Less stretch, more manageable, thinner diameter, doesn't kink as easy.

No real difference in knot strength (SDJ)

Mike

I used 20# Invisex for a long time until I switched to Sniper.

Won't go back.

Less stretch, more manageable, thinner diameter, doesn't kink as easy.

No real difference in knot strength (SDJ)

I've never read or heard anyone say they were unhappy with Sniper or Sunline.

Mike