Sign in to follow this  
Iluvsmallies

What Bait??

So in a couple of days me and my son are going fishing. I havent really fished that much this time of year for bass. I was thinking jig do you guys agree or would you go with something different? Thanks

Depends a whole lot on water temp and the type of lake. If you have confidence in a jig then I would throw it, keeping in mind that you may have to get it closer to them and work it a little slower. I tend to throw some blade baits this time of year but you never know what they're gonna want. This time last year they were burning up topwater for me. And based on the conditions they really shouldn't have been. I personally find that I'm better off fishing what I'm comfortable fishing keeping in mind what the bass should be doing based on conditions, and adjusting my presentation for that.

Well it depends on where you are but where I'm at it's a bit chilly and I'd say something with a bit more of a finesse presentation. Depending on the conditions a jig could definitely work though so really you should probably try a few things out to figure em out. Good luck and tight lines to both of you!

Jig is hard to beat any time of the year, in almost any situation.  But lately, I've been having some decent success with a weightless wacky rigged Spanky (Senko).

• Like 1

When the water gets cold, I like to switch to a big mop jig with a subtle trailer. Also,some of my better days are with a buckeye under spin with a keitech swimbait. If all else fails, can't go wrong with a wacky worm and a Ned rig.

Jerkbaits have been the best option for me the past couple weeks. 

They haven't been eating plastics for me other than the NED rig.  It's either been Jerkabaits or a slower moving squarebill.  

Jerkbaits have been the best option for me the past couple weeks. 

Same here, jerkbaist is hard to beat any time of year. If you don't know what to throw, throw a jerkbait.

Jerkbait, Crankbait, Swimbait, or a jig would all be good baits to start with. 

What size ned

1/16oz is the size I use almost every time. 

1/16oz is the size I use almost every time.

how deep r u fishn with 1/16oz ?

how deep r u fishn with 1/16oz ?

Usually less than 10' but have fished it do to 20+ if need be.