GetBent

Bill Lewis Echo

Anyone tried the new crankbait by Bill Lewis maker of the famous rattl-trap. They come with mustad triple grip hooks. I hope my local options will have them if not I will have to pay off my current tackle warehouse debt. They don't look like a magical new crankbait but the fact that they make the rattltrap and come with great hooks I might buy a few. 

I love them. They have a wide wiggle and come through grass excellent. I wouldn't throw it in colder water temps because of the wide wiggle but from now until early winter i think it would be great. Here right now it would be perfect with the shad spawn. 

3 hours ago, Slefler said:

I love them. They have a wide wiggle and come through grass excellent. I wouldn't throw it in colder water temps because of the wide wiggle but from now until early winter i think it would be great. Here right now it would be perfect with the shad spawn. 

I threw it on the Wisconsin opener last year, I believe water temps in the mid to upper 50's and it got more bites and fish than a jerkbait did, for you guys with a longer season that may not be all that cold. Only thing I didn't like was it wasn't the most stable Crankbait and perhaps I needed to tune it. I didn't because it was really catching them and I didn't want to screw the action 

I bought some last year to me they don't run as deep as the bandits or kvds

i may need to down size my line size 

They do run a little shallower and have a very wide wobble, along with that distinct Rat-L-Trap sound.

I have yet to catch a bass on one, but I did have this train wreck happen on one.

20150917_092838_zpsajnwdc7q.jpg

• Like 2

Found them at a local shop. They didn't have the one color I wanted the most but I got several good ones. If they do well for me I will make an order to TW. Now I just gotta get on the water. 

Have a few of them.  They do run a bit shallower then the KVD squarebills do but do have a nice action.

On April 30, 2016 at 5:50 PM, Slefler said:

I got out on our opener yesterday and we had 53 degree water temps and in the little bit I got to fish it, a girthy 16" fish got both of the trebles in the mouth when she took it, I don't see that very often. Three casts later I bounced it off the console windshield and broke the bill, one of the drawbacks of fishing out of a small boat. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Just bought one yesterday. They have an interesting flat-but-fat body style. Looking forward to getting it wet. They come with great hooks and awesome colors and they are very LOUD rattling cranks. I got the "Sunrise Perch" color. Looks cool! 

On 4/30/2016 at 5:33 PM, S. Sass said:

Pics? What's it called?

"Bill Lewis Echo"

Bill Lewis Lures Echo 1.75 Squarebill Crankbait - Assorted Colors