Ok people, what am I not doing? I have fished this lake 3 days now, threw frogs, wacky rigged senkos, weighted worms, and fat ika's, NOTHING, NOT EVEN A BITE! What am I missing? How would you fish this? 

Algee, lily pads, and water is clear to slightly stained. I'm fishing from the bank. 

Instead of a Wacky rig Senko have you tried it weightless Texas rigged ?

• Like 1

Scale face, yes I have.

Edited by Buffdaddy54
Wrong reply

Try a Chatterbait. It Rips threw algae and weeds usually causing a reaction Strike. 

Weightless zoom finesse worm, fluke and heavy drop shot. 

Have you tried early morning and late evening? Have you checked the lake online to see if it even has bass?

• Like 1

Do you know if bass are located where you are fishing?

Tom

The lake does have bass. I caught a few a couple years ago and a guy not 50 yards from me the other day caught a couple. I do think it gets pressured more than I originally thought.

Thanks for the responses.

If it's a really pressured lake then go as finesse as the shoreline will allow you to. Weightless senko never fails. The question is, can you fish it? Or are there too many pads and mats in your way?

Fish At Night.

A-Jay

• Like 1

If there's algae on the bottom use a dropshot but put more distance between the hook and dropshot weight so the bait doesn't rub bottom and pick up the moss.  If you're fishing from the bank remember the line is going to be at an angle at you so 12 inches of line between the bait and the dropshot weight might only be sitting 4 inches off the bottom.

Sunny days fish shade, also pitch ur bait in the middle of brush piles, or weeds or what ever not around it, slow down then slow down. Cloudy or windy speed up and cover water. also when fishing is tuff do not move your bait for 30 to 90 seconds. Then hop it erratically and then try crawling it till you find out what they like

hope this helps

A bait the common angler doesn't throw a lot is a big 7-12 inch ribbontail worm t-rigged with a free weight. I have been fishing that on a couple pressured lakes around my house and it has worked greatly.

• Like 2