A-Jay

16 August More North Woods Smallie action.

Went back to what is quickly becoming the favorite new lake.   The pre Dawn still dark ride to ramp included a good bit of zero visibility in Fog: especially in those low lying areas.

Last trip the 1.5 squarebill accounted for most of if not all  of the better bass. 3lb plus. 

Today I ran through the same cover, Except this time I burned a 2.5 squarebill.  And they were all over it for like 90 minutes.

Here's a couple of brief & raw video's

A-Jay

• Like 14

I'm still getting used to the videos in the new ride :) So used to the canoe videos.

Couple great looking fish. I haven't touched a smallie nearly as big as either of them this entire year :(

• Like 1

You da Man!

:respect-059:

5 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

I'm still getting used to the videos in the new ride :) So used to the canoe videos.

Couple great looking fish. I haven't touched a smallie nearly as big as either of them this entire year :(

Me too and btw - I can sympathize with your smallie plight.  But I'm on the other side of the bass fence.

I haven't even seen a largemouth of ANY size in over two weeks . . .

:huh:

A-Jay

• Like 1

Way to go my friend! It is good to see  the new boat to doing what it was designed to do. Thanks for the post. Most of my fishing lately has been of the vicarious variety.:mellow:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, K_Mac said:

Way to go my friend! It is good to see  the new boat to doing what it was designed to do. Thanks for the post. Most of my fishing lately has been of the vicarious variety.:mellow:

Thank you my friend ~

Sorry to hear about your recent vicariousness,

Hope that gets turned around in time for some Autumn Action.

I'll do my best to hold up my end.

A-Jay

• Like 1

Nice videos!

I'm the opposite - haven't landed a smallie in a few weeks. I'm in predominantly LM territory though.

If you want to do some good nighttime LM fishing, I'm going out this weekend. You're welcome to bring the kayak down!! Haha 

But seriously... :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SemperBass said:

Nice videos!

I'm the opposite - haven't landed a smallie in a few weeks. I'm in predominantly LM territory though.

If you want to do some good nighttime LM fishing, I'm going out this weekend. You're welcome to bring the kayak down!! Haha 

But seriously... :D

Please know I'm not complaining about having decent access to Slab Bronzeness . . .

And thank you kindly for the offer.  I have LM waters available but I'm having a hard time getting to them.

Every time I pull out of the driveway, my truck just always seems to end up in Smallmouth country,

:)

A-Jay

• Like 2

Nice videos! Some nice bass to!

They were right where I left them.

:yes:

A-Jay

• Like 2

Well done AJ! 

• Like 1

What's up with that cranking stick, Looks like a broom handle! Straight glass?  Nice fish!  Whatever you're doing, it's certainly something right "almost like I know what I'm doing". I chuckled... I Know what you mean, sometimes it just comes together and makes you feel like years of practice and learning has finally paid off... Always room for improvement though!  Just caught a few bronzebacks today matter of fact, maybe not quite as good as those but the lunker on the day was 3.54lbs, not bad for a Massachusetts fish.  Am I remembering correctly that you are a Massachusetts transplant?  Hit the quabbin reservoir today with pretty good success, can't imagine what I would do there with a bass boat/motor that would allow me to cover more than 7mph!  Tight lines my friend!

@A-Jay it's good to see the new boat getting so much action.  Also, I'm ridiculously jealous.  It seems like every time I've had a free day to get on the water we've had thunderstorms.  Keep up the videos so I too can live vicariously from my living room. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Janderson45 said:
8 hours ago, Janderson45 said:

What's up with that cranking stick, Looks like a broom handle! Straight glass?  Nice fish!  Whatever you're doing, it's certainly something right "almost like I know what I'm doing". I chuckled... I Know what you mean, sometimes it just comes together and makes you feel like years of practice and learning has finally paid off... Always room for improvement though!  Just caught a few bronzebacks today matter of fact, maybe not quite as good as those but the lunker on the day was 3.54lbs, not bad for a Massachusetts fish.  Am I remembering correctly that you are a Massachusetts transplant?  Hit the quabbin reservoir today with pretty good success, can't imagine what I would do there with a bass boat/motor that would allow me to cover more than 7mph!  Tight lines my friend!

It's the KVD Cranking Rod - 7'4" 1 Piece, Medium/Heavy  TKVD746MB it's a Composite Blank &  I Love that rod; easily my favorite medium heavy cranking stick. I have four.   As for the size - doesn't seem to slow me down at all.

And good memory, I did grow up in Mass and fished all over New England - loved Quabbin as well. 

And up until just this spring, I fish exclusively out of an Old Town Canoe.   8 years worth.  Still managed a few decent fish now & then. Old Town Predator - Square Back.jpgGoing In Launch.jpg 

A-Jay

8 hours ago, Turkey sandwich said:

@A-Jay it's good to see the new boat getting so much action.  Also, I'm ridiculously jealous.  It seems like every time I've had a free day to get on the water we've had thunderstorms.  Keep up the videos so I too can live vicariously from my living room. 

Thanks ~

Hope you can get out soon and I'll try to keep up my end.

A-Jay

Like the retro Lund logo's on the seatbacks....smallies aren't bad either

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slonezp said:

Like the retro Lund logo's on the seatbacks....smallies aren't bad either

Thanks slonzezp, I appreciate the support.

A-Jay

• Like 1

Nice smallies, A-Jay!  The boat looks ok, I guess.  :P

I also love how quiet it is on this lake you are fishing.  That's a perfect setting for psychological treatment.

• Like 1