buzzfrog

Buzzbait dedicated rod..like

I'm a top water guy. I have 2x hardbody  top rods, 2 frog rods, 1 for dark colors and other for natural. I was tired of tieing on for buzz baits. I used a gift card to get a fenwick eagle from Dicks. Pair with 8 gear tatula. So the question  braid or mono

Mono of those two but I prefer copolymer. Buzzbaits are for fishing in nasty areas and need a line to get them out of those areas. 

• Like 1

I'm not a braid fan unless it's necessary but I've been using  braid on buzzbaits all summer and really like it. I do fish them around a lot of vegetation though which is why I am using braid now. No issues around wood, either. Same rod I use buzz frogs on.

17 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Mono of those two but I prefer copolymer. Buzzbaits are for fishing in nasty areas and need a line to get them out of those areas. 

Copolymer here also.

I like 14-20 lb mono depending on the cover. I usually use big game or trilene xl. I've used braid but didn't like it on a fast action rod.. If you fish around grass I'd use braid

65lb braid for me. 

I've been using 12lb copolymer this season and last. It has worked out really well for me. I use it for buzzbaits and crankbaits on a MM glass rod. I have also not missed one buzzbait fish this year so it's the perfect combo in my eyes.

I don't use braid with buzz baits because I end up losing a lot of buzzbaits, if you make a miscast(which is common for me with buzzbaits) the wait of the buzzbaits and the blades tend to snap the braid for me. So I like 15-20 pound copoly