Sign in to follow this  
PFangler

Pflueger Patriarch Hot Deal

34 minutes ago, new2BC4bass said:

And I'm broke!  :mellow:  :violin-011:

Remember you "need" this one.:D

54 minutes ago, kickerfish1 said:

Remember you "need" this one.:D

I'd love to be able to give one to my brother-in-law as spinning reels is all he uses....but cheap ones.  Then again I'd hate to spoil him for the rest of his reels.  :)

• Like 1

Looks like new version coming out....may be others closing them out soon.

That's a pretty good deal. But keep a lookout for the same reel at Dicks. A couple of years back, when they were discounting the Patriarchs, I got a couple for $75 each. They may repeat the sale again.

for those of you who have never fished one , they are absolutely fantastic reels !! they are super light , very smooth drag , and reel ultra smooth . i fish a 9525 ( 1000 size ) it weighs 5.6 oz.!! and i love this reel , i really am considering buying one as a backup . .

Anyone know the difference between the Patriarch XT and the regular Patriarch?  Is it just the blue and white color and .2 ounces?  I'm having trouble deciding between the 2, and would appreciate any help.  

Thanks in advance!

4 hours ago, demonjd22 said:

Anyone know the difference between the Patriarch XT and the regular Patriarch?  Is it just the blue and white color and .2 ounces?  I'm having trouble deciding between the 2, and would appreciate any help.  

Thanks in advance!

Ball bearings and gear ratio are two biggest differences I believe. 

Here is a link to compare the two side by side: http://www.pfluegerfishing.com/compare?category=Pflueger-Reels-Spinning-Reels&pfh=260cf62a2d3c36e9b0f5dd697b5fee49

Gah! That's cheaper than my Supreme XT was!

FYI, anyone who has just grabbed an Aetos spinning rod on the recent sale, the patriarch has a matching color scheme. 

• Like 2

i love mine!  one of these days i hope to find a 25 size for an ultralight combo.  i have the 35 size and it is a phenomenal reel.

• Like 1

I'd pass at any price. I can't stand spinning rods and reels but thx for the heads up. Sounds like a great buy.

Hmm, that is tempting. I just bought a new spinning reel in May and am ready to throw it in the trash can. I've been a Shimano guy forever but this Spirex (I'm a lefty and like the trigger casting what can I say) is the worst reel I've ever had, and I just missed the Cabela's refund/replace warranty.

My other spinnner is a Trion and I got my wife a "lady" Trion, both are great. So I doubt this one would disappoint.

32 minutes ago, dwh4784 said:

Hmm, that is tempting. I just bought a new spinning reel in May and am ready to throw it in the trash can. I've been a Shimano guy forever but this Spirex (I'm a lefty and like the trigger casting what can I say) is the worst reel I've ever had, and I just missed the Cabela's refund/replace warranty.

My other spinnner is a Trion and I got my wife a "lady" Trion, both are great. So I doubt this one would disappoint.

it will not disappoint ....

The one is Raleigh had the xt (normally for $249) for $125 in store 

7 hours ago, Grantman83 said:

The one is Raleigh had the xt (normally for $249) for $125 in store 

The Supreme XT retails for $150, not $250.

1 hour ago, PitchinJigz said:

The Supreme XT retails for $150, not $250.

he is most likely talking about the Patriarch XT which does retail for $249 ....

59 minutes ago, Big Bait Fishing said:

he is most likely talking about the Patriarch XT which does retail for $249 ....

Oh, gotcha. Forgot they even made that one. :)

3 hours ago, Columbia Craw said:

So if  can buy two at my local "collectables " store for 65.00 each, that would be a good deal?

you'd be stealing them ....

I'm close to biting the bullet on this deal despite having absolutely no need for another reel. .