Cranks4fun

Hello from SW Missouri

I am not sure if I am doing this correctly, but I am attempting to introduce myself as a new member. I am 54 years young, married, have 5 children (2 still at home), and I have lived in 8 states: California (birth-18 months), Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Indiana, Oklahoma, and Missouri. Most of my life has been spent in SE Virginia, the Chesapeake Bay area.

I earned a Masters degree in Theology (1987) that I have used for my "career" choice, Baptist pastor and a hospital chaplain. I often take my church members out and compete against them fishing for bass and setting the rules for bragging rights before we launch. I lose more than I like to admit. My wife says that my fishing and hunting are not hobbies but addictions. She just says that because... well, because it's true, I guess.

While I love fishing and collecting fishing tackle, I do not fish for a living (I would have starved long ago!).  I have bass fished for over 40 years. I also love fishing for crappie, white bass, trout, catfish, BIG bluegill, etc. For that matter, I love all kinds of fishing including fishing for saltwater species. 

My other interests include deer and turkey hunting, collecting knives, gardening, watching the Minnesota Vikings play football, reading books and articles and online forums about theological controversies & fishing & and wildlife, and I also love eating at cheap Chinese buffets with my kids and friends!

Greetings and Welcomne to the forums :)

• Like 1

Welcome to Bass Resource!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard!

• Like 1

Hello and Welcome!

Mike

• Like 1

Hello and Welcome to Bass Resource ~

A-Jay

• Like 1

Welcome to Bass Resource. Enjoy the forums. 

• Like 1

Darren, I see you fish Lee Hall Reservoir. I fished that lake many times and camped there in the Newport News park on occasion. I lived in Chesapeake and Suffolk Va from age 4 to 23. I moved back to Carrollton, VA, just outside of Smithfield, in 2000, when I was 37, and stayed for 10 years. My parents and siblings and one son are still in the Tidewater area. There are some great places to fish down there.

Welcome!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums!

Jeff

Welcome aboard! We're glad you're here!