Sign in to follow this  
mrmacwvu1

Six Years ago

I lost my best friend and father. He was the one who taught me how to fish, how to hunt and how to love. Still think of him everyday. So if you are having a beer later raise your glass and have a drink for the old man. The world is worse off now that he is gone but heaven got a little better.

• Like 4

Sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is a terrible thing.

It is still sad sometimes

But now when I think of him I mostly smile. I am so thankful for everything that I learned from him. I now am passing them down to another generation.

Losing a loved one is tough. I would give a lot to go fishing with my pop or my brother again. Some of my mom's fried chicken and a piece of pie made with a crust made of lard would also make me happy.  Life is short. Remember the good times, and make the best of today. That is the best we can do. I'm sorry for your loss.

I know how you feel. It's been 19 years for me. When I was 17 I had my appendix out. I remember waking up and reaching out and my Dad took my hand.  I still remember what his calloused thick hand felt like and how much comfort it brought.  That was 46 years ago.  My Dad's name was Lance. I'll be happy to raise a glass in your Dad's memory.

• Like 1

I lost my Dad about 2-1/2 years ago and my Mom a little over 11 years ago.  Sorry for your loss and I will raise a glass.

Due to life's bumps I can no longer raise a glass for ya.  But I can identify with "all of your loses"  so I will lift up a prayer for you and everyone to have some peace and fond memories.

• Like 2