Hey All,

I moved from northern CA to the DMV about a year and a half ago. I've fished for years all over northern california, but have yet to fish on the east coast. I've got a good all-purpose smallmouth pole (the rest of my poles will be coming this summer), and I'm looking to get into some good fishing. 

I do not have a boat, canoe, float tube, pontoon, or any type of fishing / floating device. So I'm limited to shore fishing and/or boat/kayak rentals. 

I'd love any tips on spots to get into later this spring. I'd appreciate any and all responses!

Thank you!! 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard!

Welcome!

We are in the same boat (pun intended).  I've been in Arlington for a little over a year now and have yet to find any good shore fishing spots.  But then I really haven't looked too hard.  I try to spend as much time fishing back home in NY where my dad and my boat are.

Welcome, Occoquan it a nice area you can fish off the docks

Welcome to Bass Resource. Enjoy reading & contributing in the forums.

Hello and Welcome to Bass Resource ~

AJay

There are plenty of shore fishing in DC. DC licence is pretty cheap for year (12 bucks) 

For me in the spring and summer time, I tend to fish at the Theodore Roosevelt Island which is a good spot to start your addiction. 

Thank you for this thread - I just realized that I need to order my 2017 Licence for DC online :)

Welcome to Bass Resource.  Make sure you go to the Fishing Locations section here.  Inside the Northeast locations there is a thread called "Maryland's Who's Who!".  Lots of good local fisherman in there to talk to.

https://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/topic/43647-marylands-whos-who/

Welcome!

PM me and I can give you one decent smallie spot (its a bit of a hike though) and some more general info.   It's all mid-northern MD stuff though, not sure where you are around here.   There are (small) smallies a lot more places than I would have thought before I went after them more aggressively.