Jay B.

Tracker Pro 170 Accessories

I'm feeling the need to accessorize my 2016 Tracker Pro 170, but without the VersaTrack system found on other Tracker models, I'm not sure what works well.  I was thinking about rod holders, bow sockets to hold slats to keep my cover up, etc.  I really don't want to drill any holes if I don't have to.  Anybody have any suggestions?

I'm also looking for recommendations for mounting a transducer for a second sonar unit on my Minn Kota Edge 45 trolling motor.  I've seen the plastic housings that strap to the motor, but I don't think they would work with the narrower transducer my Lowrance Hook 3 uses.

I don't know how you're going to mount accessories without drilling/fasteners or gear track.

As far as the TD goes, you can get a trolling motor mount transducer.

Bert's or Cisco track systems and Transducer Shield and Saver. You can google all 3 names and find what you are looking for

• Like 1

I had a similar problem when I bought my Ranger RT178.  Without the versa track to attach accessories to, the only way to use any sort of item like a rod holder was to drill holes...which I refuse to do.  There are some clamp-on style rod holders out there but the widest I've seen is about 3 inches and that won't fit on my gunnel.  So I still don't have rod holders.  If I were you, I would look for an alternative to drilling holes.

3 hours ago, gimruis said:

I had a similar problem when I bought my Ranger RT178.  Without the versa track to attach accessories to, the only way to use any sort of item like a rod holder was to drill holes...which I refuse to do.  There are some clamp-on style rod holders out there but the widest I've seen is about 3 inches and that won't fit on my gunnel.  So I still don't have rod holders.  If I were you, I would look for an alternative to drilling holes.

I've looked at the options others have mentioned and all require drilling and I'm not ready to do that yet (if ever). I guess for now, I'll make do with what I have...

If you want to add a track system, you have no choice but to drill.  How do you think the factory puts them in?  Hint: they don't use duct tape.  A track will only increase the usefulness of your boat and probably increase it's desirability at resale, so long as the install is clean.  The track system AVOIDS wrecking your boat with extra holes, and offers you tons of versatility in components and accessories.  Track systems have become ubiquitous in the kayak fishing world, and have been used fishing rigs - especially aluminum - for years.  But, you'll have to drill holes or have a professional installer drill holes, which will cost more.

• Like 2

Thanks to all for the suggestions.  The track systems I've been able to find are pretty wide (approx. 3") and are undoubtedly very useful, but not really practical for my boat without very much vertical space on the sides to mount them.  I realize I'd have to drill if I decided to go that way, but I'm not quite ready to do that.  Maybe on my next boat...:)

2 hours ago, Jay B. said:

Thanks to all for the suggestions.  The track systems I've been able to find are pretty wide (approx. 3") and are undoubtedly very useful, but not really practical for my boat without very much vertical space on the sides to mount them.  I realize I'd have to drill if I decided to go that way, but I'm not quite ready to do that.  Maybe on my next boat...:)

Or you can wait a couple of years when the boat isn't new to install it. And, of course, wish you had done it a couple of years ago.....lol

• Like 1