ChrisD46

Any Sufix Nanobraid Users ?

I'm interested in the Sufix #10 lb. nanobraid for finesse applications - anyone tried or have experience with this line ? ...Curious how it compares to other popular #10 lb. braids (i.e. Power Pro , Seaguar , P-Line , Sunline , etc. ) in terms of handling , distance  and strength ? ... Thanks in advance !

I've only fished with nanobraid once, and it was on a spinning reel a buddy of mine loaned me for the day. If you're going to use it on a spinning setup, my two cents is simply that it's okay. I use Smackdown exclusively for bait casters, I don't know that I'd want to put nanobraid on any of my bait casters it seems like it would be nothing but a constant headache that I would regret quickly. The line management was perfectly fine on spinning reels though. The small diameter didn't hurt me what so ever. I had no issues with management as far as poor knot strength or break offs. The only break offs I had were due to my own stupidity.

I should have stated for spinning reel only ...

I have used Nanobraid on spinnng reels and it is very good braid. It is very strong for the diameter and extremely supple. I had the Camo color. The only reason I moved to something different is that when it faded a bit, I could no longer see the line very well. I went to something more “hi- vis”.

I haven't seen any 10 lb Braid that didn't work well on a spinner. Some colors last longer than others but most will fade.  I use 832 for that application as it sinks better than others.

If fade bothers you swap ends after 2 yrs and get 4 yrs out of it

I used 8# Nanobraid all last year cause my NanoFil ran out so gave NB a shot and like it a lot for light braid. Strong, somewhat quiet, casts very well and durable for its dia. Definitely choose it over seaguar brands in that strength. Tighter weave than super8slick. Smoother and casts a little father than 8# power pro.

Even as good as Nanobraid was for me I just bought more 8# NanoFil, thats my favorite light line casts better than all the above and more sensitive its quieter and got it on sale.  

Re finesse and braid: think line diameter, not line test, and a fluorocarbon (or mono) leader.

Thin braid is just a good way to spend money filling your spool, cutting your fingers and breaking off if the rough edge of anything touches your line.

IMO, of course.

I like it at 6# test and lower. Otherwise PP is good enough. 

I used it once and didn't like it. Smackdown, Kanzen, Original Fireline, Suffix 832, and Power Pro were all much better. Just my $.02 others may like it

Thanks for the updates - just read where the new Fireline 8 strand was the 2017 ICAST line of the year - perhpas this is the #10 lb. "fused braid" to consider instead of Nanobraid ?

I tried it and did not like it. It seemed like it was flat right out of the box and caught the wind terribly.