nd1225

OG Zillions vs SV Zillions

The new Zillions are nice, but the old school Zillions are just amazing. Am I the only one that thinks the older models are better?

Never used an SV Zillion, but my Zillion 50th Anniversary is one of my favorite reels.

• Like 1

I really don't have any desire to get a new zillion. I absolutely bomb a frog on my 50th anniversary.

I don’t know man, every time I grab a new Daiwa, I see quality, but I’m not blown away like I was with the original Zillions

The og zillions are tried and true reels. Same as the td-z. The new zillions aren’t even in the same league. The sv103 will be the closest thing to it. It’s built on the same frame and uses a lot of the same internal parts. I can’t say it’s better but I feel it’s equally as good. Especially since it uses a 34mm spool. The 36mm found in the og really limited your choices for other spools. 

I have both a Zillion SV and a sv103 and the latter is so much nicer it isnt even funny.  The Zillion SV is going to get sold off any day now but the sv103 would be second last to go if I had to.  

Get an SV103!  As a Shimano guy for many years, these reels have become some of my favorites...I own 9 (5 103H and 4 103XS in RH).  Some are not in use as backups NIB just because I like them so much!  I haven't liked a reel as much as these since my Chronarch SF!

On 1/4/2018 at 4:15 PM, rippin-lips said:

The og zillions are tried and true reels. Same as the td-z. The new zillions aren’t even in the same league. The sv103 will be the closest thing to it. It’s built on the same frame and uses a lot of the same internal parts. I can’t say it’s better but I feel it’s equally as good. Especially since it uses a 34mm spool. The 36mm found in the og really limited your choices for other spools. 

Daiwa TD-Z Type R+ spool in an OG Zillion B)

Can't wait to throw some SV spools in my TDZ100s. 

a.jpg.cff97c8164ac5fe337fe8fcf4bff35ce.jpg

d.jpg.f989a7cc5380365950411db2290b8423.jpgc.jpg.5215bd167aaa4fd57356125465a32340.jpgb.jpg.ee9e8b166772b772c37980354f6af414.jpg

tumblr_mzm3vlpb501s5os6do1_500.gif

I still need to try the R+ spool. I’ve yet to buy one for some odd reason.  *Edit - I will finally be trying one. I just bought the R+ inductor assembly from a guy to put on my ito 103 spool. 

You guys are gonna make :sad-027:.  I tried and wanted to love the SV103, but something about its height and size and how I had to palm it was very uncomfortable and hurt my bum wrist. Guess I’m just a wuss. I’m sure the Zillion SV TW will serve me well though.