canbassguy

10" power worm for smaller bass?

I fish in a lake that contains mostly 2 to 2.5lb large mouth with some fish up to 4 lbs plus. It is fairly pressured so I was thinking of throwing something different at them. Will I catch the smaller 2lb bass on a 10" worm too or is it too big? Should I just stick to the 7" ones?

I would say go for it.  Bass are weird and eat things bigger than them sometimes.  I dont think a 2 pounder is going to have trouble eating a 10" worm.  After all the worst thing that could happen is you don't catch them on it and switch back to 7".  Good Luck!

8 and 10’s frequently.....more 8’s than 10’s

I don't know, but there are better options.

10" Power worms are ribbon tails the length is deceiving as they are 1/2 tail and small bass often strike them, just give them a little more time before hook setting.

Tom

Another trick I like to do is "Bite the head off". I'll usually shorten a 10" power worm an inch to a inch and a half. Terminal tackle is Texas rigged, a 1/4 oz weight on a 5/0 straight shank hook. If the lake your fishing is shallow ( less then 10' you might scale back the weight to 3/16 oz.

I've caught quite a few smaller bass on a 10" worm. It's what I throw almost exclusively once summer hits day and night.

When the big worm bite is on, small bass will eat it like candy.

I’ve caught plenty of under 12” fish on a zoom ole monster or 10” power worm. Don’t be worried about that on a 2lb fish at all