Comfortably Numb

Lipless one Knokers Booyah vs. Xcalibur

So whats the deal? Are the Booyah identical to the discontinued Xcalibur except for color? Both same tungsten ball and sound? Ty

I own several Xcalibur lures and was wondering the same.  I think this is the most accurate description I've heard.  The whole thread is pretty good.

• Like 1

I saw that the other day at BPS. I was looking at it and it felt the same click that my xcalibur had. I knew that they would make a comeback...

3 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Are the Booyah identical to the discontinued Xcalibur except for color? Both same tungsten ball and sound?

Yes.  EXACTLY the same.

I've said this over and over folks.  I cannot be any clearer - same mold, same materials, same manufacturing process...identical in every way.

The Same

• Like 5

Different colors for sure. There is no way that part is true. One is highly sought after among collectors, fisherman, and lure flippers and one is not.

I can post pictures of each companies gold color tomorrow if anyone wants to see the difference.

Yes, new colors. 

I was referring to the bait itself, not cosmetics.

• Like 1

No, they are not identical. The XRK50 was 5/8 and the Booyah in the same frame is 1/2. The bait size, hardware, and mold are the same. The only difference is the size of the "knocker" weight in the body. The sound is different. It's subtle, but different nonetheless. 

• Like 2

They both are the same weight.  Although the package on one has 5/8 and the other has 1/2, they are the same.  I weighed two straight from the packages, and both were 17 grams (approximately .6 ounces)

xcal.JPG

booyah.JPG

• Like 2

All 3 have identical hardware. Both of XRK50s weight 1 gram more than Booyah. Only difference is the size of the knocker used in them. You can tell the difference shaking them. Aside from sound, they fish identically. 

3k.thumb.jpeg.f48399b7923e75af84b894fa037d1eb3.jpeg2k.thumb.jpeg.063e7f3ca2d6ad59c0e4da82cb246bec.jpeg1k.thumb.jpeg.06c81882f1e3680fd4e864eaeb1c1e66.jpeg

• Like 1

I don't think they make the new series in the 1 oz size which is my favorite . They good news is I stock piled them. 

• Like 1

Am I the only one that loves the one knocker in the simple black and chrome.  Unfortunately Booyah still hasn’t made it yet.  I see the gold shiner, blue shiner, but no black shiner.  What gives???

When the Booyah ones came out I was fishing an xcalibur and my friend a Booyah in sexy shad colors I was catching them and he was not. Makes me think they are different. 

The weight is the same…it’s not a tungsten ball though. It’s a flat piece of tungsten. Guys will continue to say that they are different, but they’re not.

Pradco took over xcalibur way before they discontinued the xcalibur line of lures. The only thing that’s different with these baits is the name on the packaging