FryDog62

Minnesota Fishing Report - 2019

Neko Rig worked well this morning.  8 inch worm, VMC skirt, 9-14 fow on outside weedline. 

Wondering when topwater bite will kick in ?!?

9252755C-49BC-4CE4-846D-130932B2A3C5.jpeg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, FryDog62 said:

Neko Rig worked well this morning.  8 inch worm, VMC skirt, 9-14 fow on outside weedline. 

Wondering when topwater bite will kick in ?!?

9252755C-49BC-4CE4-846D-130932B2A3C5.jpeg

What worm do you like for Neko?

I was able to get a popper and frog bite going last evening. It's starting up!

13 hours ago, punch said:

What worm do you like for Neko?

I was able to get a popper and frog bite going last evening. It's starting up!

8 inch Big Bite Finesse Worm, 1/8 oz VMC skirt.  The smaller Ned rigs were getting pecked to death by small bluegills but they didn’t go after the big profile worm.

I pulled 4 on a frog on my first 10 casts on Saturday at 7:30am. 5 minutes later the topwater bite was off. Did ok the next few hours on a senko with 3 more but it wasnt outstanding. They still seemed shallow but maybe I should venture out a little deeper

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2019 at 8:43 AM, FryDog62 said:

8 inch Big Bite Finesse Worm, 1/8 oz VMC skirt.  The smaller Ned rigs were getting pecked to death by small bluegills but they didn’t go after the big profile worm.

Do you think that skirt helps get bites? I haven't tried one yet.

3 minutes ago, OperationEagle said:

Straight into the high 80s and low 90s this weekend will empty out the shallows. 

Good thing my next planned trip is tomorrow - high of 80

On 6/24/2019 at 11:49 AM, BassThumb said:

Do you think that skirt helps get bites? I haven't tried one yet.

I dunno for sure... my goal was a big worm, with the skirt to create a large enough profile so the little bluegills would leave it alone and hopefully the bigger bass would still like.  Funny, my first cast a 20 incher nailed it half way to the bottom in 12 feet of water... so maybe the skirt helped slow the fall..?

The skirts are nice, the down side is they are obviously more expensive than just a nail weight - and second, makes it tougher to skip... not that I’m skipping 8 inch worms very often, but even on a 4-5 inch worm it will make it a little harder.  Will be fun to try this around docks.

I guess like anything else skirts are a plus in the right situation... (if you know what I mean ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FryDog62 said:

I guess like anything else skirts are a plus in the right situation... (if you know what I mean ;)

OK Not sure EXACTLY what you meant but that made me laugh nonetheless. 😆

2 hours ago, FryDog62 said:

Depending on that situation...the shorter the better.

That applies to fishing as well. ;)

Thinking about making a Mille Lacs run on Sunday. The wind report is looking choice. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MN Fisher said:

Good thing my next planned trip is tomorrow - high of 80

Aaaand...due to scheduling issues, tomorrow isn't happening after all. Maybe next week.

Holy crap it looks hot this weekend.  The heat index is projected to balloon past 100 on Saturday and Sunday.  I knew this was coming at some point.  The recreational traffic will be out in full force.

@SmallBlockMuscleI'll be skipping docks looking for mats or grass to flip and maby a 6" swimbait on deep structures 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sully420 said:

@SmallBlockMuscleI'll be skipping docks looking for mats or grass to flip and maby a 6" swimbait on deep structures 

What he said minus the swimbait, plus flipping deep milfoil lines with a heavy jig.

Might also go to Mille Lacs in which case I'll be working the the swimbait on reefs and quite possibly the Ned Rig too

• Like 1

Anyone ever fish a Chicken-Rig?  Kind of a Texas-rigged Neko set up...

4C505F8A-7940-4FD8-B235-4A982C25B08E.jpeg

44E83831-51AE-4004-BB2E-069B701442B0.jpeg

Was out this morning on a lake on the far west side of metro. 

Nearly skunked.  Very uncooperative today. Water temp this morn 71.6. 

It seems like some lakes are really muddy and are fishing pretty tough lately. Looking for lakes with cleaner water could be the ticket.

5 1/2 inches of rain down by Rochester… There are cows floating away in the river right now. Glad I didn’t bring the boat!

I'm excited to hit Mille Lacs tomorrow to test out the new toy. I can't wait to play around with the new high res side imaging. Upgrading from a HDS12 gen 3 total scan. 

We're going out of Liberty and hitting the east side all day. 

PWDBOlBRXA2fotU9jOlak0eDxKcKxTjQpavpC-Hn

• Like 3

Hoping to get some decent fishing in this week w the holiday and all.

Anyone w any tips on patterns that have been working?  Its been awfully quiet on the board.  Bass have been in transition, I believe, making it tough to find them.

50 minutes ago, OperationEagle said:

Hoping to get some decent fishing in this week w the holiday and all.

Anyone w any tips on patterns that have been working?  Its been awfully quiet on the board.  Bass have been in transition, I believe, making it tough to find them.

Agreed.  I was out yesterday and either with the heat or storms, they were scattered.  Best luck was still outside weedline on a Chicken Rig 8-12 fow.  

Got 13 Saturday AM but they were all small and couldnt find any pattern. They all seemed to be in random spots and all different lures. I need to get better at deeper water fishing

Got out Friday after leaving work early. Had a decent night. Number of smaller fish and co-worker got a nice 4.34lber. 

Went out Saturday for a few hours and only managed a couple short fish.

Jumped into a Sunday derby last minute on Rush Lake. Didn't get a chance to pre-fish, but still managed 12th out of 25 teams. I was fishing solo. The weather moving through Sunday really messed with the historical stuff I was hoping to run, but it was still fun to jump into a last minute tourney. Ultrex steering sensor crapped out on me with 2 hours left. Talk about frustrating! Shout out to Actions in Anoka, though. Dropped it off today, will have it ready to pick up after work tomorrow.