Question, I recently purchased some Siebert Jigs and want to know if I can put a Zman trailer on it, or will the different plastics react to one another?

thanks

you can use zman plastics with jigs, just take them off after, you should do this anyways, and you should be fine. I would be more concerned about the bait absorbing water and rusting your hook later on. Besides, the trailer would have to be on for a while before it reacted, if in fact it does.

• Like 1

You will have more trouble getting the Elaztech Plastics to stay on the jig than anything. If the jigs have a molded in barb, the plastic will not stay on over the barb. Try it, you’ll see what I mean. Use a gel type superglue and glue the plastic to the hook.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Scott F said:

You will have more trouble getting the Elaztech Plastics to stay on the jig than anything. If the jigs have a molded in barb, the plastic will not stay on over the barb. Try it, you’ll see what I mean. Use a gel type superglue and glue the plastic to the hook.

I agree. I ordered some Z-man craws recently and I couldn’t get them to stay in place on the jig. Got frustrated and broke out the Rage Craws. I’ll have to try the glue.

6 hours ago, Scott F said:

Experienced this first hand on a white chatterbait. Took forever fighting with it 

You will be fine and can leave the trailer on without issue provided they aren't stored with other plastic trailers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just like @Bluebasser86commented, Elaztech plastic is okay with most of the skirts. I don’t use Elaztech plastic on jig since most trailer pretty durable by itself and I trend to lose jig long before I have to change the trailer. I use Elaztech trailer with chatterbait though, because even super slow crawling those plastic still give some action.

The larger size BatwingZ is a great jig trailer. I really like it in cold water when I don't want a lot of action. Big bonus that it comes in sapphire blue, one of my favorite jig trailer colors.

Image may contain: outdoor, water and nature

• Like 3

On 2/20/2019 at 12:00 AM, Bluebasser86 said:

The larger size BatwingZ is a great jig trailer. I really like it in cold water when I don't want a lot of action. Big bonus that it comes in sapphire blue, one of my favorite jig trailer colors.

Image may contain: outdoor, water and nature

Nice fish!

• Thanks 1