ryan.v

Self Tying Jigs

I self tie jigs on my spare time. The last bundle I bought, didn't have the weed guard in. I had to glue it in.

I really like Omega heads, so I bought some bulk heads to split with someone. I've encountered one problem, the Omega heads have the weed guard built in already.

What's an effective way to hold back the weed guard while tying the jigs? I've tried a paperclip, but maybe mine suck or I'm bending it wrong. 

How about bending the weed guard back and wrapping a length of pipe cleaner around it & the jighead ?

Easy On, Easy Off and mostly re-useable.

64-080216231831.JPG

A-Jay

• Thanks 1

I have not tried it, but I think you could bend the weed guard forward and hold it there using a thin walled cylinder slid over the head and guard.  Try coin roll papers, like nickel or quarter size.  

58 minutes ago, ryan.v said:

I self tie jigs on my spare time. The last bundle I bought, didn't have the weed guard in. I had to glue it in.

I really like Omega heads, so I bought some bulk heads to split with someone. I've encountered one problem, the Omega heads have the weed guard built in already.

What's an effective way to hold back the weed guard while tying the jigs? I've tried a paperclip, but maybe mine suck or I'm bending it wrong. 

Is your dilemma, tying on the skirt with the weedguard in place? If so I do that all of the time and never have a problem. However I wire tie. Are you wire tying or tying with thread?

3 hours ago, cadman said:

Is your dilemma, tying on the skirt with the weedguard in place? If so I do that all of the time and never have a problem. However I wire tie. Are you wire tying or tying with thread?

I'm using thread. I just need it out of the way so I can wrap the thread around the collar. 

Thread is hard to tie on a jig with a weeedguard. If it were me I would either use wire or if you insist on thread, I would pull the weedguard out, tie your jig and glue in a new weedguard. Just my opinion.

• Like 1