Jump to content
punch

How is your Curado K holding up?

Recommended Posts

Now that the K has been out there for a while, how is everyones reels doing? I keep reading/hearing about issues with the the thumb bar, but other than that it seems to be a solid workhorse? The thumb bar seems to be a bit of a weak point.

 

I haven't bought one yet but I'm tempted to try a couple this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im not buying one until they make a running change to the two piece clutch bar. lots of them fall apart. and then fall apart again after they are fixed/glued.  they should have left it the way it was like on the curado I and citica I.

 

did they rush this one before doing enough testing? a reel at this price point shouldn't have a clutch bar that breaks so easily.

 

every other review on tacklewarehouse complains about the thumb bar -either it broke, squeaks or feels cheap.

 

come on shimano! (and Im a shimano fan boy lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hulkster said:

im not buying one until they make a running change to the two piece clutch bar. lots of them fall apart. and then fall apart again after they are fixed/glued.  they should have left it the way it was like on the curado I and citica I.

 

did they rush this one before doing enough testing? a reel at this price point shouldn't have a clutch bar that breaks so easily.

 

every other review on tacklewarehouse complains about the thumb bar -either it broke, squeaks or feels cheap.

 

come on shimano! (and Im a shimano fan boy lol)

I was under the impression they did a running change within the 1st year to solve the thumbar issue.  This was from bantam1.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes they supposedly did. but recent reviews on tacklewarehouse still have people complaining. so there are tons of them out there with the old (or not enough) adhesive.

 

I guess my point is that this really shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. I mean, its not a Shishamo! :P

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of mine have been holding up well. Only had one with the thumb bar coming apart. (came apart in kayak rod holder) The svs adjustment dial is quite stiff if it has not been moved in a while. Other than that they have been great reels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m looking to buy a Curado K but this thread kind of gave me cold feet. Decisions.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought mine in December and really like it. 

I have not had any of the problems that other folks seem to have. 

It's one of the smoothest reels I've ever owned. 

No difference than the Chronarch Ci4

 

Even tho I don't use it often, playing with the dial a while will loosen it up nicely. 

 

No problem with the thumb bar either. If I did I would just return it. No big deal. 

 

Niether of these possible problems would keep me from buying another or 2. 

 

 

 

 

 

Mike

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have three with zero issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fished the daylights out of my two last summer and no problems at all.  Both of mine are 8.5:1.  Very smooth.  Currently they are still on Carbonlite 7' MH rods waiting to go at it again if the weather would cooperate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LxVE Bassin said:

I’m looking to buy a Curado K but this thread kind of gave me cold feet. Decisions.........

You might want to look into a Shimano SLX. The casting is amazing and they're all around just really nice for only $100.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EGbassing said:

You might want to look into a Shimano SLX. The casting is amazing and they're all around just really nice for only $100.

I like your thinking. I got a Curado I and it’s solid but not trying risk having a well known issue. But the SLX seems like a steal for its price point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LxVE Bassin said:

I like your thinking. I got a Curado I and it’s solid but not trying risk having a well known issue. But the SLX seems like a steal for its price point. 

I love mine. I think somebody on here said his SLX casted farther than his Curado. They're also the lowest profile reels on the market right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, EGbassing said:

I love mine. I think somebody on here said his SLX casted farther than his Curado. They're also the lowest profile reels on the market right now.

Must be true then. I'm sure there was a scientific process that went into such a statement.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought a curado k the other day. If anyone can muff it up I am sure to be that guy. Its going to be mainly a flipping/pitching reel and some frog fishing. It will be put through the test. It's an 8.5:1 hopefully it can handle the abuse. Hopefully it's as good a reel as my chronarch I lost in the lake a few years back. Still sick over that one 😷

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hower08 said:

I just bought a curado k the other day. If anyone can muff it up I am sure to be that guy. Its going to be mainly a flipping/pitching reel and some frog fishing. It will be put through the test. It's an 8.5:1 hopefully it can handle the abuse. Hopefully it's as good a reel as my chronarch I lost in the lake a few years back. Still sick over that one 😷

How did that happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jbsoonerfan said:

Must be true then. I'm sure there was a scientific process that went into such a statement.

Didn't say it was definitely true, just stating what somebody said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used my k atleast 10 hours a week for 4 months no problems at all. Still smooth as can be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LxVE Bassin said:

How did that happen?

Trolling for saugeyes the shadrap I was trolling bounced into the whitewash of the motor when we were turning around and sucked my rod right off the back deck into 20 fow. We fished for that rod for a verryyyy long time with no luck. d**n near $400 for the rod and reel gone  not my best day on the water

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2019 at 12:03 PM, EGbassing said:

You might want to look into a Shimano SLX. The casting is amazing and they're all around just really nice for only $100.

I just bought one,  reminds me of my citica 100dsv with curado size reel knobs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had 3 of them since they released them in left hand. All 3 are going strong, just like every other Curado I've had over the last 20+ years. 

 

 

Welcome to the day and age of technology. A company can sell 20k of a certain product, and if 100 of them have a part fail and the customers complain all over the internet, you've got everyone thinking that a 0.005% failure rate means that a product is garbage. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have three and all are fine, but....... I bought an SLX on a whim as I'm a Shimano fanboi and wanted to try it. The SLX fits my hands better and actually casts farther and seems smoother than my K's....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TBAG said:

I have three and all are fine, but....... I bought an SLX on a whim as I'm a Shimano fanboi and wanted to try it. The SLX fits my hands better and actually casts farther and seems smoother than my K's....

@jbsoonerfan (TBAG, just scroll up in the comments a little if you're wondering why I'm posting this.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TBAG said:

I have three and all are fine, but....... I bought an SLX on a whim as I'm a Shimano fanboi and wanted to try it. The SLX fits my hands better and actually casts farther and seems smoother than my K's....

I prefer my slx to my Curado as well, the slx isnt smoother and I'd give the Curado a slight edge in casting distance. But the slx just fits my hand perfectly and it's super easy to dial in. Curados are a pain to dial in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TBAG said:

I have three and all are fine, but....... I bought an SLX on a whim as I'm a Shimano fanboi and wanted to try it. The SLX fits my hands better and actually casts farther and seems smoother than my K's....

4 hours ago, EGbassing said:

@jbsoonerfan (TBAG, just scroll up in the comments a little if you're wondering why I'm posting this.)

Welp, there it is, it is indeed a fact that the SLX casts farther.

3 hours ago, Joshua van Wyk said:

I prefer my slx to my Curado as well, the slx isnt smoother and I'd give the Curado a slight edge in casting distance. But the slx just fits my hand perfectly and it's super easy to dial in. Curados are a pain to dial in. 

Wait a minute, no, no, no, the K casts farther. 

 

I never said anything bad about the SLX, I simply said that because one person said it casts farther doesn't make it true. I bet they are AMAZING reels. In fact, it if didn't say SLX down the side in blue I would probably own a few.

 

 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing reels

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...