Jump to content
waitmanFE

Elite Series - Lake Hartwell

Recommended Posts

Anybody following? Looking like everyone has started out sight fishing but i haven't really seen anything over 3+ lbs caught yet. 

 

I'm guessing 15-18 lbs per day will get you in the top 5. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had it on - was interested to see how it would play out . . . . 

Then about 5 minutes into it, Mr Johnston busted out the Blaster full of dish soap.

And I was done. 

I'm not a huge fan of bed fishing as it is, especially when the catch is taken for a ride.

Not looking to debate whether it's good or bad or proven or not, I'm just not a fan.

And now we're spraying dish soap all over the lake.

I'm sure it's biodegradable & super safe in every way, even still, that totally rubs me the wrong way.

Had me shaking my head and making the 'Really ?' face . . .

Perhaps it's an OG thing . . . .

😟

A-Jay

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bed fishing is fun, and I love i t, but soap?  Really?  It's up there with those dunce cap looking viewers.  Looks like they're fishing for rat males. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

I had it on - was interested to see how it would play out . . . . 

Then about 5 minutes into it, Mr Johnston busted out the Blaster full of dish soap.

And I was done. 

I'm not a huge fan of bed fishing as it is, especially when the catch is taken then for a ride.

Not looking to debate whether it's good or bad or proven or not, I'm just not a fan.

And now we're spraying dish soap all over the lake.

I'm sure it's biodegradable & super safe in every way, even still, that totally rubs me the wrong way.

Had be shaking my head and making the 'Really ?' face . . .

Perhaps it's an OG thing . . . .

😟

A-Jay

I completely agree. 

 

I don't mind bed fishing but i'd prefer the fish to be released local to where it was caught. 

 

The soap thing is ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, waitmanFE said:

I completely agree. 

 

I don't mind bed fishing but i'd prefer the fish to be released local to where it was caught. 

 

The soap thing is ridiculous. 

In the big picture, my last big 2 stroke may have been less eco friendly than the soap blaster but I fixed that.

A-Jay 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love hartwell, pretty much a my home lake but this is def. turning out to be kind of a dink fest. 

Just now, redux said:

Can someone explain the soap?

He was trying to push the pollen off of the surface of the water so he could see. He was using a water gun with soapy water. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. Was wondering if it was some weird way to bait them. I found some articles about using soap for catfish and got very worried that "we" were going down a dark path. 🙈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone watching Live Mix?  It's different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J Francho said:

Anyone watching Live Mix?  It's different.

I actually prefer the Live Mix. To me the announcers are annoying. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys have been using the dish soap trick for probably as long as bass fishing (or dish soap) has existed...Live coverage is just showing it to the masses now.  It slicks off the water surface and can push pollen away making it easier to see fish/beds/whatever. 

 

It's not pure dish soap - Only a light mixture....  A few ounces of soap in the lake isn't hurting anything, heck it might even be helping things since I know Dawn is supposedly the #1 clean-up product for environmental disasters like oils spills.  

 

I'm surprised that people think negatively of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It just seems bush league to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Logan S said:

Guys have been using the dish soap trick for probably as long as bass fishing (or dish soap) has existed...Live coverage is just showing it to the masses now.  It slicks off the water surface and can push pollen away making it easier to see fish/beds/whatever. 

 

It's not pure dish soap - Only a light mixture....  A few ounces of soap in the lake isn't hurting anything, heck it might even be helping things since I know Dawn is supposedly the #1 clean-up product for environmental disasters like oils spills.  

 

I'm surprised that people think negatively of it.

I hear ya  - Used it in multiple marine clean up efforts - works well.

And I can even see how it could be very advantageous for what Mr Johnston is looking to do,

but like J said, seems bush league. 

A-Jay

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Different perspectives I guess.  I'm sure we can agree it's at least more palatable than the floggers/cones though ;)

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Logan S said:

Different perspectives I guess.  I'm sure we can agree it's at least more palatable than the floggers/cones though ;)

 

 

 

 

I guess - maybe it just caught me off guard.

I'm over it.

Either way, it's not my style.

A-Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised so many guys are standing straight up with their rods waving around while trying to catch bedding fish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting some of the guys not bed fishing are moving up. Sounds like the weather will wreck the sight fishing tomorrow.

 

I won’t be able to watch as I’ll be prefishing for NM Bass Nation event. First one ever and on my home lake, but the fishing has been down right tough lately, nervous as hell! I’ll check in here to see how the rest of it goes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Swbass15 said:

I won’t be able to watch as I’ll be prefishing for NM Bass Nation event.

Good luck, fish well!

 

Also, I'm seeing some really dumb mistakes landing fish.  Clark Wendlandt just lost a nice one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@J Francho thanks! And smh he’s on my fantasy team

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, J Francho said:

Good luck, fish well!

 

Also, I'm seeing some really dumb mistakes landing fish.  Clark Wendlandt just lost a nice one.

Too many years using a net with FLW

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ge grabbed the line and I cringed and said out loud, "Come on, man" like Keyshawn.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, J Francho said:

Anyone watching Live Mix?  It's different.

I watched Clark Wendlet on the live mix during my lunch. He was bed fishing and had been on this male FOREVER! He finally caught it and it was about 2-2.5 pounds. I’ve never bed fished and after watching that I won’t, don’t have the patience lol. 

 

I do do kind of like the Live Mix the little I’ve watched it. It’s almost as if you’re the marshal. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that was an exciting lunch I took. I turn on Bassmaster Live to see Brandon Card and Hank Cherry bed fishing. I decided to save myself the boredom, I shut it off and watched the grass grow in the local Subway parking lot. 😂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 12poundbass said:

Well that was an exciting lunch I took. I turn on Bassmaster Live to see Brandon Card and Hank Cherry bed fishing. I decided to save myself the boredom, I shut it off and watched the grass grow in the local Subway parking lot. 😂

Did Cherry ever catch that fish? I had to take a nap otherwise I would have watched anything else.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Gundog said:

Did Cherry ever catch that fish? I had to take a nap otherwise I would have watched anything else.

I’m not sure. I saw they were racing pet rocks on another site, so naturally I checked that out before watching the grass grow. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing reels

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...