Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I've never done a warranty with my Daiwa reels but I am strongly thinking of sending back my Fuego LT. I bought in December, reel works fine when casting and retrieving but the moment I hook up, the reel has this weird wobble to it. 

 

Can anyone tell me their experiences with Daiwa Warranty?

 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent one reel back to them. Fill out their form, attach a purchase invoice and wait about 2 weeks and it should show up in your mail. 

 

They include a service invoice which shows the parts they replaced, but zero balance due if under warranty.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Junger said:

I sent one reel back to them. Fill out their form, attach a purchase invoice and wait about 2 weeks and it should show up in your mail. 

 

They include a service invoice which shows the parts they replaced, but zero balance due if under warranty.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, the reel is still under warranty so its just a matter of me getting off my butt and sending the reel to them....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sean Lee said:

Thanks for the info. Yeah, the reel is still under warranty so its just a matter of me getting off my butt and sending the reel to them....

The hardest part lol. Goodluck!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

A little insight into your reel.  I always like this guys videos.  They are pretty straight forward and he does a good job of explaining the basics.  Not sure if this is what you are experiencing but listen to what he has to say between the 24-25min mark about the reel flexing under load. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2019 at 10:41 PM, FishTank said:

 

 

A little insight into your reel.  I always like this guys videos.  They are pretty straight forward and he does a good job of explaining the basics.  Not sure if this is what you are experiencing but listen to what he has to say between the 24-25min mark about the reel flexing under load. 

Thanks. I actually watched it. In my case the drag was set a bit too tight so my reel actually flexed to my left. I have adjusted the drag since then. No flex but there's that annoying wobble it does when I hook up and these aren't even big fish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there must be something amiss with your reel. If you get a replacement from Daiwa I don't think you will be at all disappointed with the reel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they have been very good at taking care of me several times. so much that ive become very brand loyal to Daiwa.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is that it's a spinning reel. Get a real reel (get it?) and put it on a real rod, not a fairy wand.

 

That should get this thread going.   :argue4:

 

Seriously, I've never had an issue with my Daiwas, so I can't comment on their customer service.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I sent the reel back last week and got a call back yesterday.

 

They said they tested out the reel and checked it internally and everything looks like it should.

 

They said the only thing they notice is my line is slipping? and to re spool using tape as backing.

 

Does anyone use tape? I thought I had mono as my backing but maybe not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would probably account for the wobble if the braid is slipping on the spool. A mistake everyone has made at some point. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Sean Lee said:

Does anyone use tape? I thought I had mono as my backing but maybe not.

I use non-residue electrical tape for my shallow spools, and mono for backing for my larger spools.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing reels

    fishing reels

    fishing reels

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...