Jump to content
Darren.

Star Trek: Picard

Recommended Posts

Okay. I *KNOW* I am not the only Trekker on the boards here. I just can't be.

 

Second trailer for Picard dropped this week, and there is a stunner (for me) from Voyager

who's in the show. Hopefully not just a cameo, but a regular.

 

Anyone looking forward to the show? I am. I'm also a fan of Discovery, DS9, Voyager, TNG...

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I grew up on TOS, got a crush on Nichelle Nichols when I was 7 that hasn't gone away ;)

 

Big fan of TNG and Voyager, not so much with DS9 or Enterprise. Tried watching Discovery and the changes they made left a bad taste in my mouth. Don't even mention Abrams to me.

 

Fan productions - ST:Continues, Farragut and Phase-II are well done and I enjoy them.

 

ST:Picard looks good and I'm looking forward to it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MN Fisher said:

I grew up on TOS, got a crush on Nichelle Nichols when I was 7 that hasn't gone away ;)

 

Big fan of TNG and Voyager, not so much with DS9 or Enterprise. Tried watching Discovery and the changes they made left a bad taste in my mouth. Don't even mention Abrams to me.

 

Fan productions - ST:Continues, Farragut and Phase-II are well done and I enjoy them.

 

ST:Picard looks good and I'm looking forward to it.

I was actually a fan of DS9, Voyager, TNG. Enterprise? Meh.

 

Second season of Discovery was v good, IMO, following more along the 

lines of JJ Abrams' vision, to be sure. Sorry to mention his name! 

<ducks for cover>

 

Picard looks to take off 18 or so years after the TNG timeline. I'm stoked 

to see the Borg, 7 of 9, Data, and whoever else shows up. Finger's crossed

it is as good as it looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picard is BadAss!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love TNG and DS9 - looking forward to the new show.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather watch reruns of James T, Spock and the rest. 

 

It just doesn't seem right not to remain loyal to the original and watch any of the off shoots. 

😜

 

 

 

 

 

Mike

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was such a big fan of the Original Series,  that I refused to watch the TNG.  I was sitting in a bar and TNG was on the TV.  Instantly impressed and hooked again.  I've watched every episode.  I fell away a bit until my son-in-law got me hooked on Discovery,  I loved it.   I am can hardly wait for Picard.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mike L said:

I'd rather watch reruns of James T, Spock and the rest. 

 

It just doesn't seem right not to remain loyal to the original and watch any of the off shoots. 

😜

 

Mike

The thing with the newer ones, specifically TNG, DS9 and Voyager, is that

they all paid homage to the original. There's a DS9 episode where they 

actually time travel backwards and end up hunting a Klingon on the Enterprise.

It's the episode Trouble With Tribbles.  Kirk, Spock, Scottie, et al. Nicely melded in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Darren. said:

The thing with the newer ones, specifically TNG, DS9 and Voyager, is that

they all paid homage to the original. There's a DS9 episode where they 

actually time travel backwards and end up hunting a Klingon on the Enterprise.

It's the episode Trouble With Tribbles.  Kirk, Spock, Scottie, et al. Nicely melded in.

Also a TNG episode paid homage. 'The Naked Now' was a reprise of the TOS episode 'The Naked Time'

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MN Fisher said:

Also a TNG episode paid homage. 'The Naked Now' was a reprise of the TOS episode 'The Naked Time'

Yes, indeed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Darren. said:

Yes, indeed!

Two more Homages

 

DS-9 episode 'Blood Oath' had three Klingon characters from TOS - Kor, Kang, Koloth - make appearances...all three played by the same actors that played them in TOS.

 

Voyager Episode 'Flashback' has Janeway joining Tuvok in his memories...of his time on Excelsior under Capt. Sulu during the events of 'Undiscovered Country'.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see this, and look forward to it. My only issue is it’s on CBS All Access and have to pay to see it. HBO, Showtime, Netflix, Amazon Prime, the list goes on. Should be fun though...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J._Bricker said:

Glad to see this, and look forward to it. My only issue is it’s on CBS All Access and have to pay to see it. HBO, Showtime, Netflix, Amazon Prime, the list goes on. Should be fun though...

Tell me about it. Subscription overload, and it's only gonna get worse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interview with the cast just posted. And there's another character

that is returning...fans will recognize the name "Hugh".

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Searching around I found another Trek series from CBS that already has four episodes out. Star Trek: Short Treks. One episode has Ensign Spock under Capt. Christopher Pike stuck in a turbolift with Number One...originally played by Majel Barrett...played by Rebecca Romijn.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to Picard. I wasn't sold on it until the second trailer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll watch it, but I’ve really only been a fan of TOS, and TNG. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing reels

    fishing reels

    fishing reels

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...