Midgard

is the Daiwa Zillion SV TW that much better than the Tatula SV TW?

As the topic says, are the Zillions that much better than the Tatula SV TWs?

These days, it seems you can snag the Tatulas for around $165 and the Zillion for $260.

So roughly a $100 price difference.  But is the Zillion worth the extra $100?  And at the $260 price, would it be better to opt for a Shimano Chronarch MGL?

Thanks

I have both, and IMO, no they're not that much nicer to be worth the extra money. I got the Zillion in the 9:1 though, main reason I went with it instead of another Tatula SV TWS. 

My Zillions are more refined which translates to handling baits better under load. My Tatulas are workhorses, I frog, flip, pitch, and everything in between. 

No it's not worth the price difference.  The ones I've fished seemed to be a touch smoother but not enough to justify a bill. The MGL is a fine reel. That would have to be ur preference.  Different braking systems so that plus the ergonomics would be the deciding factor for me.

Get the best you can afford. That way you wont be wondering what if and not have 100% confidence in your rig which seems to be the deciding factor between fishing and catching.

I don’t have a zillion but have been told 100 times it’s not overly worth the extra money. I do have tatula Sv and a chronarch mgl. The chronarch is my favourite reel by far. I’ve thrown everything from finesse to frogging with it and it’s never let me down. Palms beautifully, unbelievably smooth, and throws baits a mile. Seems to cast further then my curado k, tatula and bantam mgl. That’s why I have 3 or 4 of them now

No. Get a Tatula and upgrade the bearings. They’re the same reel.

9 hours ago, CrankFate said:

No. Get a Tatula and upgrade the bearings. They’re the same reel.

No, they aren't. The spool is significantly better in the zillion but the price difference doesn't warrant it. 

• Like 1

For me the handle knobs, the better spool an the ability to switch spools more easily with other reels, made it the right buy. Got mine for 200 USD shipped new, so 50 USD was worth it to me.