Jump to content

S & W EZ pistol


thunderblack

Recommended Posts

  • Super User

Don’t personally own one but when I worked at the gun store we sold a good number of them soon as they came in usually to older folks and women. The husbands usually came in shortly after looking for one for themselves since they were nice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

I have a customer who bought one for his wife. She didn't like it and he sold it. My dad just bought one. Guy at Cabelas recommended it to him. Dad is 82 and has real bad arthritis. 

 

I have a Gen 1 Shield for EDC and I like it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did shoot the Sig and it was too small for my hands. Stinks because I went there planning on buying that one a while back. I ended up with the Shield plus over the Sig for sub compact. It was just more comfortable to me after shooting both. Both nice guns though. I held the EZ and liked it too but the sales rep made it sound like it was for old folks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d get that Sig and adjust my needs to goin to the 12rd mag if length of grip is your problem. How bout that lcp max in .380, I carry the lcp 2 mainly as a secondary but occasionally it’s the primary and I’ve seen and held the max it is amazing how small yet they increased the capacity to something like 11 rounds. If you’re already a Shield owner what is the difference in the ez model? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The EZ was a larger pistol. 4" model vs 3" I believe. Sig with an extended clip probably would have worked but too late now. Shield plus with the upgraded trigger has been good to me. I did not check out the lcp but looks sweet. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

Another +1 for the 365 I’ve got one it’s my EDC. I carry the 320 full size more now being my duty gun so it seems off calling the 365 Every Day Carry since I don’t carry it daily anymore having a duty gun. 
 

I've also got a LCP2 that’s my pocket carry gun for when I don’t take the 365 usually when in my kayak or coyote hunting. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Super User
On 1/12/2022 at 3:03 PM, Smells like fish said:

I’d get that Sig and adjust my needs to goin to the 12rd mag if length of grip is your problem. How bout that lcp max in .380, I carry the lcp 2 mainly as a secondary but occasionally it’s the primary and I’ve seen and held the max it is amazing how small yet they increased the capacity to something like 11 rounds. If you’re already a Shield owner what is the difference in the ez model? 

I carry the LCP with a pocket holster. The only difference in the LCP and the LCP2 is the trigger pull correct?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the 2 I think it was to improve the trigger and more pronounced sights. The looks between them are different too which may equate to a lil more purchase area on the grip on the 2 (I am not sure). 
 Ruger went and made the LCP max which is a 11 shot model in the LCP 2 size. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
6 hours ago, Smells like fish said:

With the 2 I think it was to improve the trigger and more pronounced sights. The looks between them are different too which may equate to a lil more purchase area on the grip on the 2 (I am not sure). 
 Ruger went and made the LCP max which is a 11 shot model in the LCP 2 size. 

Do you need sights on a pocket pistol? Point and shoot. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
1 minute ago, Smells like fish said:

Sure, I’d like nothing more than my .380 to aim at something measuring .380” and hit it. This rat was maybe 8 feet away and I was able to give him an awful headache. 

rsz_9e365869-0bb5-44f5-bb8e-b88690a38d8a.png

410 would have been my choice for a rat.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
5 minutes ago, slonezp said:

Do you need sights on a pocket pistol? Point and shoot. 

I used the sights on my Baretta 84BB - a .380 isn't designed to stop something unless you hit something critical...so the need for the sights so you can aim at something important.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve had and have several .410 pistolas as I’ve always shot lots of mice rats copperheads and rattlers. But on this occasion mr rat was in our cabin uninvited and LCP 2 was with me so bang zoom. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
2 minutes ago, MN Fisher said:

I used the sights on my Baretta 84BB - a .380 isn't designed to stop something unless you hit something critical...so the need for the sights so you can aim at something important.

Double tap with a .380 will do plenty of damage.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
  • Super User

My wife has a Shield EZ 9. It's a great gun, but I don't like the grip safety. I have a hard time completely pressing the grip and get some FTF. My wife likes it though.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
On 4/4/2023 at 5:44 AM, Alpster said:

My wife has a Shield EZ 9. It's a great gun, but I don't like the grip safety. I have a hard time completely pressing the grip and get some FTF. My wife likes it though.

I'm with you, I dont like it but my wife loves it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
On 2/7/2022 at 3:21 PM, slonezp said:

I carry the LCP with a pocket holster. The only difference in the LCP and the LCP2 is the trigger pull correct?

Lcp2 has the better trigger, its a little lighter, sights are slightly better and the rack stays back after the last round. I highly recommend the 7 round mag with the little pinky hold on the bottom. 

On 2/7/2022 at 10:48 PM, MN Fisher said:

I used the sights on my Baretta 84BB - a .380 isn't designed to stop something unless you hit something critical...so the need for the sights so you can aim at something important.

True but thats why mine is loaded with home defense rounds. Better stopping power for when I need it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
1 hour ago, deaknh03 said:

Lcp2 has the better trigger, its a little lighter, sights are slightly better and the rack stays back after the last round. I highly recommend the 7 round mag with the little pinky hold on the bottom. 

 

Yes and Range USA has a deal going on a LCP 2 package. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
5 hours ago, deaknh03 said:

Lcp2 is a great pocket carry. 

And Vedder makes a nice pocket holster for it. At least they do for the first gen Lcp which I have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



  • Outboard Engine

    Outboard Engine

    fishing forum

    fishing forum

    fishing tackle

    fishing

    fishing

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.