Sign in to follow this  
island bassin

MH casting rod , Which is the best?

I will be using same for large spinnerbaits(1/2 and over) jigs and texas rigging soft plastics.

Thanks

Loomis MBR 844C or 845C...in GLX.

I use the MBR844C, but from the looks of it, he doesn't want to spend that much...

If I only had one rod it would be the G.Loomis MBR844C. The IMX series is really all you need, but if you want to kick it up a notch, the GLX will not disappoint you.

I use the MBR844C, but from the looks of it, he doesn't want to spend that much...

Yeah, I'm sure, but he did say, in a previous post, he wanted to try a Loomis.  ;D

i have to agree with you there pfluemis, but if i had to pick from the poll it would be the kistler

I'm not familiar with any of those other than the BPS rod.  The Extremes are great little rods, especially if you can catch them on sale. A little heavier than probably most of the others listed but a solid, sensitive rod for the money.

Now

STAYING WITHIN THE OBVIOUS BUDGET you have set by looking at the selection listed, I'm going to throw another out there.

A Team All Star TAS 846C.  6' 8" Med Hvy, Fast.  I've got one and while I've never used it for throwing T-rigged soft plastics it could easily be used for that purpose.  $99.95.  

If you really want a great rod. Try an All Star Platinum P806C.  Same specs as the TAS rod but the rod is incredibly light and the sensitivity is out of this world.  At a mere $150 at Cabela's or Academy, these are easily the one of the best bargains in fishing today.  

The St. Croix Avids are on sale at most retailers. They are a GREAT value for around $100. Specifically, the AC68MXF or AC70MHF might be just what you are looking for.

BTW, The poll was not posted when I initially responded, so specific rods had NOT been mentioned. I have no recommendation among those particular rods.

the best rod isnt on that list  :-? ..... the croix avid or the croix legened tourney bass ( sweeper spinnerbait ) witch is even better .... imo  :)

The St. Croix Avids are on sale at most retailers. They are a GREAT value for around $100. Specifically, the AC68MXF or AC70MHF might be just what you are looking for.

BTW, The poll was not posted when I initially responded, so specific rods had NOT been mentioned. I have no recommendation among those particular rods.

Thanks RW. Is there any online store selling the avids for that price?

No, not that I'm aware of. Dick's has had the best reported deals, but their selection has been limited. I bought one at Sportman's Warehouse, but they don't have an online store. Check this site periodically: http://www.reedssports.com/

They have a good selection, but are not currently offering much of a sale. That might change any day now.

Sorry, but I'm a firm BPS fan.  I voted for the Extreme Rod.   :o

I've been sold on BPS rods since close to 10 years ago.  I landed a 32 pound Channel cat on a BPS ultralight rod/reel and 6 lb. test mono.   :)  I was fishing for crappie and I snagged a Channel Cat.  It was a ride to say the least, but I've been sold on them since they didn't let me down when I needed it.  

No, not that I'm aware of. Dick's has had the best reported deals, but their selection has been limited. I bought one at Sportman's Warehouse, but they don't have an online store. Check this site periodically: http://www.reedssports.com/

They have a good selection, but are not currently offering much of a sale. That might change any day now.

Thanks RW . The problem for us in Cyprus ordering rods from US is the shipping cost. We have to pay in addition to the purchase price approx 30% shipping and 18.7% import tax hence my limited budget in the poll selection.

Wow, I am surprised to see Lamiglas on your list!  This company is underrated and they make great rods. Given your choices, the Lami or the Shimano.

I have the Competitor CC664 and it has a lot of power. I shudder at how much backbone the one you had in mind would have being that it is a five.

Thanks RW . The problem for us in Cyprus ordering rods from US is the shipping cost. We have to pay in addition to the purchase price approx 30% shipping and 18.7% import tax hence my limited budget in the poll selection.

WOW!

Gotcha, that changes the whole equation.

I have te Croix Avid AC68MXF matched with a 7:1 Curado and it has become my #1 Senko/Fat Ika/R-Trap rod.

Wow, I am surprised to see Lamiglas on your list! This company is underrated and they make great rods. Given your choices, the Lami or the Shimano.

I have the Competitor CC664 and it has a lot of power. I shudder at how much backbone the one you had in mind would have being that it is a five.

I'm also suprised that Lamiglas did not get any votes. Can you give me some more details of the rod since these are not provided by the manufacturer i.e number of guides, blank exposed reel seat?.