Sign in to follow this  
Micro

Heck Freezes Over

I fished a buddy's Curado D for a little while yesterday and have to say it was a far cry from my old green Curado SF.   I wanted a couple of reels for fresh and brackish water and some rods for fishing bigger plastics, jigs and spinnerbaits.   So I got a couple of Curado 200 DHSVs and two All Star American Classic ACSBR2 6'8" MH/F rods.   Hope they are all they're cracked up to be.

I'm sure you will like them I love mine As far as the old Curado's you couldn't give me 10 of them in trade for one of the new ones. Shimano done a good job revamping that reel

Ahh sheeeeit!! There goes the neighborhood ::o

BTW, set your Revo next to your Curado and you'll see one of them have a heart attack!

I have to say, these reels are pretty cool.  I can't wait to fish with them.  

My last Curado was a wreck.  I hated it.  These reels are everything it wasn't.  No plastic knobs anywhere.  

I'm curious why YOU have picked the Shimano DHSV over the Revo Inshore?  Don't get me wrong, I think this is great... now I am not the only 2-timing beotch on this board ;D

I'm curious why YOU have picked the Shimano DHSV over the Revo Inshore? Don't get me wrong, I think this is great... now I am not the only 2-timing beotch on this board ;D

I like the Inshore, but

1)  I wanted something different (I have 5 Revos already)

2)  I like the size of the Curado 200 (I'm 6'4" and 300 lbs, I got big hands).  

I've owned several Shimanos in the past, 1 Curado SF, 2 Cardiffs and several spinning reels.  I liked the spinning reels but hated the baitcasters.  I've heard a lot good things about the Curado Ds and after trying it I was impressed with it.  So I'll give them a whirl.  

I messed around with one a little today.  I can get much better distance on my Revo, but the brake on the Curado is much more effective.   I think once I adjust the brake i will get better distance.

Something different is always fun, keeps things interesting.   8-)