Sign in to follow this  
KvD

Daiwa Reels....

hey guys as most of you know im hardcore Quantum man and just recently baught my first baitcaster and ASOLUTELY love it... probably going to sell my spinning gear now....

anyhow i saw this reel that was some what appealing to me... it's a Team Daiwa TD-pro Baitcaster.... its 12 Bearing system... nice lookign reel for 120 bucks.... but only comes in 6.3:1... i really want a burner now... but anyhow a nice reel and just want some input on them...

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&partNumber=97966&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

Thanks Guys,

Alex

Did you read the reviews ?

Keep your spinning gear , there are techniques that work better with spinning r&r.

id stay away from free floating spools until youve mastered the bait caster more.

I agree...keep the spinning gear!!!

I have all Daiwa baircast reels and for $50.00 the Daiwa Megaforce with twitchen bar is a great deal. It is a 7:1.1 super fast!! You can get it cheaper on E-bay if you are not in a hurry, but B.P.S. sells them as well as many other stores.

Good luck!!!

ajr

id stay away from free floating spools until youve mastered the bait caster more.

The first LP reel I learned with was super free. Maybe I was lucky I didn't have a problem. If anything, I learned faster with it than my non super free round reel. Go figure! :)

KVD,

Why would you have to sell your spinning gear? Rounded anglers are skilled with both reel types and use both.

not have to, just a choice just expressing how much i like the new baitcaster.... so a free floating spool is one with no brakes at all? im still pretty sure ill buy one of the tour editions burners....

Alex

ive used bait casters for 10 years and my Sol still gets away from me. think about getting a backlash from the time you remove your thumb from the spool to the time you turn the handle after the bait hits the water.

ive used bait casters for 10 years and my Sol still gets away from me. think about getting a backlash from the time you remove your thumb from the spool to the time you turn the handle after the bait hits the water.

The fuego kills me everytime, im beggining to hate it on the other hand the zillion and the daiwa hsta are sweet

so a free floating spool is one with no brakes at all?

Hmmm, nope, free floating spools also have braking system, it 's just that if not set correctly the spool spins at warp speed.

Ok this subject is all about what feels good to you!! I have 11 daiwa team reels, from the zillion to the TDX 103f super tuned.  I would never change, I just love the way the daiwas backlash control works. I can cast into a hard wind and only get a backlash 1 every 20 times. It does take time when you first start useing a baitcaster just dont stop!!  When you buy a reel  dont go CHEAP!!! the better reals have great bearings  and just feel solid. Give the daiwas a try, if you buy it from BPS and dont like it they will let you trade it in!! My son started with a daiwa and never had a problem, he was 12.  GOOD LUCK!!!  :)

Do NOT get rid of your spinning tackle. New to baitcasting myself and love it as well. BUT there are some things my spinning tackle does much better. Fishing weightless worms, fishing smaller plastics like grubs, fishing any lure under 1/4 ounce, etc.

My baitcasters are for more heavier and power fishing techniques. It would be foolish to go to all baitcasters IMO.

Skunked and Chaddy...

Do the Sol and Fuego have the Magforce system like all the other daiwa reels??

ajr

Skunked and Chaddy...

Do the Sol and Fuego have the Magforce system like all the other daiwa reels??

ajr

The sol has Mag-V and I believe the Fuego has Mag-Z like the Zillion.

The Z breaking system I think is a better type of brake then the plain mag force, all so I use spinning gear for 1/4oz and under. Just to much trouble for me trying to throw lite stuff with a b/c. JMHO

I am happy with the Magforce......it gets better!!!!???

I have progressed up the line from the Procaster to the Advantage super tuned. Maybe a Steez is next if I retire this year!!!??  :)

Hmmm, nope, free floating spools also have braking system, it 's just that if not set correctly the spool spins at warp speed.

mine spins at warp 4. the scary part is the Daiwa rep at BPS "step the unit up" for me. in his words, the unit should only be used with side play in the spool.

:-?

Mine when i thumb the line my skin get's hot ! the fuego have magforce z and the sol v , v is better for lighter applications vice versa

mine spins at warp 4. the scary part is the Daiwa rep at BPS "step the unit up" for me. in his words, the unit should only be used with side play in the spool.

:-?

guess ima just get the Energy PT tour edition in burner.... im not going all baitcasters.. it was just an expression to show how much i like my baitcasters... my spinning gear isnt going any where...

Alex