Sign in to follow this  
MillerTime

BPS Crankin' Stick input

I have an 7' medium light in layaway but they also have a 7'6" medium i'm thinking about. anyone have experience with this rod? pairing it with a citica 5.0-1. looking  to get cranks down 15'-20'.

Too light for deep diving cranks.

I would recommend MH or Heavy

Power/ Moderate or Slow Action.

8-)

I fish the 6'6" M crankin stick.  I don't use any cranks that dive deeper than 10'.  I think it works great for that application.

However, those deep divers are typically much heavier and much more work.  I'd go with a much more powerful rod for deep crankin.

I use a 7'6" M  flippin stick for most of my crankin' & spinbaits, but i use a MH for my deepest cranks and soft swimbaits. A ML would be ok for baits to 3/8 oz., but i'd rather use a spinning outfit. A ML baitcasting outfit would give me fits....

thanks for all the input guys. i'm glad i just pu it in layaway and didn't buy it yet. i'll look for something more suitable when i get to the store. any suggestions on line to use. i was thinking my old standby berkley xt 14 lb but i'm willing to try something new. thanks

BTW has anyone ever heard of an independent retailer selling BPS merch?

thanks for all the input guys. i'm glad i just pu it in layaway and didn't buy it yet. i'll look for something more suitable when i get to the store. any suggestions on line to use. i was thinking my old standby berkley xt 14 lb but i'm willing to try something new. thanks

BTW has anyone ever heard of an independent retailer selling BPS merch?

For crankin' line I am a big fan of Super Silver Thread in 8#, and Silver Thread AN40 in 10-12# for crankin' in areas with a bit more cover.  I also use the AN40 when short, flatline trolling for walleye.

i have been using Triline Big Game for cranking 10lb test. If they would ever come out with that line in a florescent i would never need another brand of line again.

If you still want to stick with the Crankin Stick follow what RW said and look at the 7' MH. I have 2 of them and can say they are nice rods especially if you catch on of the sales BPS does on them.

Probably the closest fishing store to me sells BPS stuff.

just pulled the trigger on a 7' mh david fritts rod. now all i gotta do is wait... is it here yet?... what bout now?  ;D

i have been using Triline Big Game for cranking 10lb test. If they would ever come out with that line in a florescent i would never need another brand of line again.

If im not mistaken they have 10 pound in solar collector wich is florescent

i use a 7 foot medium bps crankin stick. i use medium so i dont pull the bait from the fish.

You're talking more about action and less about power.  A MH power with moderate action will not pull the bait from the fish.