Sign in to follow this  
MARSH MASTER

any suggestions on spinning combo

I'm looking to buy a spinning reel combo. My price range is 200 to 250 dollars. I want a big faced spool with a 7' m-mh rod. I want this reel for finesse fishing. It needs to cast a 1/16-1/8 weight fairly decent. I want it to be as light as possible but durable. Give me some setups that ya'll have personal experience with. Thanx!

My favorite spinning combo is a Shimano Stradic 2500 FH and a G Loomis SJR783S GL2.  I fish everything with this combo and it is my go to rig when beating the banks.  This setup cost me around $250.  You could get a longer lighter action rod for your setup.

Soon, I plan on buying a 7' spinning combo for finesse fishing and the rig I am looking at is one of the new 2500 Stradics and 7' MF G blanks spinning rod.  This combo would cost closer to $300 but I think it would be a great finesse fishing rig.

One of our members picked up a Fenwick Techna AV

on Amazon for around $75. If you can find an AVS70MF,

that would match up perfectly with a Shimano Stradic 2500FI.

Fenwick Techna AV

Jul 30th 2008 at 05:47:20*

Relative to my Crucial, I didn't appreciate the Techna AV (7MF Casting) until I tried jigging with it. I liked it so much I ordered another (66MHF Casting):

http://www.amazon.com/Fenwick-Techna-Triggerstik-Casting-Medium-Heavy/dp/B000DZF...

At $78 including shipping, it's a great deal. I figured it was worth risking Amazon. Last time I price-matched at my favorite etailer, but this time they didn't have the same model in stock. Every so often Amazon will have a great deal on Fenwick rods - the deals disappear quickly. I called Fenwick to confirm that Amazon is an authorized dealer. Cheers!

8-)

To stay in that price range you might look at a Shimano Symmetry 2500 along with a St. Croix avid rod.  I bought 4 Avids last winter when they were on clearance.  I like them as well as my Gloomis spinning rods and they are a lot less expensive.  I use the 6.6 medium action.

Jig man I looked at the new symetry's today and they weigh a ton Iwas hoping for something lighter.

Pflueger Preident Spinning reel size 6735  60 bucks

Cabelas Fish Eagle II 6'6"Med Spinning rod  80 bucks

That leaves you 60 bucks left over, and that is A GREAT COMBO!

I am very happy with my Pflueger reel combo as well.

Later,

Little out of your range just a tiny bit :) steez lightest out there with a steez rod or imx/glx loomis for ultimate lightness or find a older mgfa stradic and a imx 781 or 841

Ill say out of the range he asked. Hey Chaddy, how many Steetz and Loomis rods do you have ?Please give us a review based on your personal experiecnes using these 2 brannds.

Ill say out of the range he asked. Hey Chaddy, how many Steetz and Loomis rods do you have ?Please give us a review based on your personal experiecnes using these 2 brannds.

I've play around with it, thats it,but i do fish a mgfa, and crucial 7'mh i can take a picture if you wan't?  ::o

Everyone has a dream, mine is to have bunch of high end gear :) joking.

Read you're post again and I have a imx spinning rod 783, and the steez i wan't to go half and half with my dad for the new high speed baitcaster. I don't buy the gear you see my dad loves fishing as much as I do , I actually buy most of the tackle (believe it or not).

my dad bought me a zebco 33 once. made my buy my own boat though...............

:'(  :'(

At 120 bucks it is a little below your price range, but I really like my pflueger president+bps extreme combo.  It has done great.