Sign in to follow this  
LAO162

Fenwick Techna AV

Relative to my Crucial, I didn't appreciate the Techna AV (7MF Casting) until I tried jigging with it. I liked it so much I ordered another (66MHF Casting):

http://www.amazon.com/Fenwick-Techna-Triggerstik-Casting-Medium-Heavy/dp/B000DZF4YO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1217414469&sr=1-1

At $78 including shipping, it's a great deal. I figured it was worth risking Amazon. Last time I price-matched at my favorite etailer, but this time they didn't have the same model in stock. Every so often Amazon will have a great deal on Fenwick rods - the deals disappear quickly. I called Fenwick to confirm that Amazon is an authorized dealer. Cheers!

Man, that's a GREAT deal. I have an AVS70MM which I really like, but I haven't recommended the Fenwicks since they raised the MSRP to $210.

8-)

wow.  great deal.

I received my today, it was in fine condition.  I actually paid slightly more, but wasn't sure how low the price would on the model that suited my need.  Because I heard of a few instance of Amazon poorly packing rods, I wasn't going to post until I receive mine.  However, at $78 it was too good not to share.

I haven't seen it for other rod brands, but periodically Amazon drops the prices on Fenwick.  Their normal price on Techna AV's is about $40 off MSRP.  Once I saw the whole line drop about 20% from the Amazon price.  Other times, one or two models will drop.  Recently, the Muskie rods dropped to about $94.  Cheers

Down to $66 this morning.  Hope someone can take advantage.  I'm anxious to use mine this weekend.

I received my today, it was in fine condition. I actually paid slightly more, but wasn't sure how low the price would on the model that suited my need. Because I heard of a few instance of Amazon poorly packing rods, I wasn't going to post until I receive mine. However, at $78 it was too good not to share.

I haven't seen it for other rod brands, but periodically Amazon drops the prices on Fenwick. Their normal price on Techna AV's is about $40 off MSRP. Once I saw the whole line drop about 20% from the Amazon price. Other times, one or two models will drop. Recently, the Muskie rods dropped to about $94. Cheers

Can you define slightly more? Exactly what did you wind up paying for the AV?

I paid $92 with shipping (ordered Friday, received Wednesday - from Harrisburg, PA :o )  Since I needed a 6'6" MHF, I didn't want to gamble that the deal would end before I ordered.   All in for casting gear this year I spend $256 for 2 Techna AV's and a Revo-S.

While I obviously want to validate my purchases, I think this current rod & deal would be super for anyone's first Casting rod.  

I was wondering if you would comment Muddy.  Thought maybe you would be tempted back to the Fenwick fold  :)

Thanks LAO. I have switched over to other rods, but a friend wants a Fenwick, he told me about this, I was not sure because the deal seemed to good. I will show him your report, even at 92 with shipping that is a great deal 8-)

Dominick

Per Fenwick CS, it ways 118.3 grams, less than 4 1/4 oz.  Not the lightest by recent standards, but it feels great.  With the 2 Muskie rods, the sale ended at about $94 for a couple days.  Then, they went back to the normal Amazon price [still discounted over MSRP].  Then this one went on sale.  

I had read a couple negative comments about the condition of the rods received from Amazon, so I was hesitant.  It came in a triangular box, folded over twice.  UPS didn't beat it up too much, although a couple of the seals, but not all? had been broken & re-taped.  My preference would have been to price match at TW, but this ONE experience with Amazon was positive for me.

I'm done buying rods [this year], but I'm keeping an eye on the spinning rods.  For a similar deal, they would make a good gift for one or two people I know.

Have Fun!  Leon

Just ordered one the Bait Monkey got me. They stated that there were only 2 left when I ordered mine.

Banana Breath claims another victim ;D

i ordered one two days ago and got free two day shipping by signing up for a free trial of Amazon Prime. It arrived today in perfect condition and i am very pleased. I paired it up with a Quantum Tour Edition PT and will hopefully be using it tonight  :)

I just got mine tonight. WOW. what a nice rod. I have been fishing cabelas xml rods and this is equally as nice, maybe better. It is somewhat hard to tell as I have not fished it yet. I paid...get this, $66.59 including shipping! the deal is still going. I ordered mine saturday morning and received it tonight.

Glad to hear you like it and that Amazon was reliable.  Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoyed mine.

Recieved mine yesterday, nice rod bit the tip was broken off. Set up for return, hope they have more otherwise they will look into substituting.

I just saw this post today and went straight to Amazon. The lowest price, right now, is a 6'6" MH triggerstick at $136. The 6'6" M spinning is $147. Better than any price I've seen, but wow, $66 for a Techna has to be the steal of the year. I'm so bummed I missed it.

They also have HMX triggers for get this JUST GOT MINE YESTERDAY

38.28 DELIVERED! 8-)

I saw this post about 5 AM this morning. I immediately went to the site and saw the rod for 66 dollars! I ordered one ASAP. I came back around 10 AM and looked at Amazon's website, and lo and behold, they are now $136! I guess I got the last one!! But anyway, what a steal while available, for sure.

Looks as though Amazon delivered 3 out of 4 Fenwicks in good condition.  While the box mine come in appeared adequate, it was not as solid as the Tubes I have typically received and there was no bubble wrap at the tips.  This was a great deal, but like all deals that are too good to be true there is higher risk.  In this case we need to consider the possibility of having to return the rod to Amazon until they make it right.  I think I'll take that risk again :)