Sign in to follow this  
ptomacbass

daiwa repaint

Today I accidentally set my reel down on a rock while landing a good bass. my reel had a little paint scrape off because of the rock. it also had some chipped paint on the place where you put it into the reel seat the first time i took it out to look at it when I got it. It is a daiwa 50th anniversary hyperspeed zillion. I was wondering that if it had more paint chip off, I could send it to daiwa and have it repainted.

without abusing the waranty muddy :)

Today I accidentally set my reel down on a rock while landing a good bass. my reel had a little paint scrape off because of the rock. it also had some chipped paint on the place where you put it into the reel seat the first time i took it out to look at it when I got it. It is a daiwa 50th anniversary hyperspeed zillion. I was wondering that if it had more paint chip off, I could send it to daiwa and have it repainted.

without abusing the waranty muddy :)

That really sucks. At least you learned you should never set your reel down anywhere.

Today I accidentally set my reel down on a rock while landing a good bass.

Ahhh the hassles of fishing quality gear from the bank...I hope it was a really good fish..... :)

I would recommend that you contact Daiwa® direct and ask them about the paint job.

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!!

Not all hope is lost. You might be able to find someone to do a good paint job for less than $300. If I was you I would just leave it as is and accept the fact that the resale price of your reel plummeted.

Not all hope is lost. You might be able to find someone to do a good paint job for less than $300. If I was you I would just leave it as is and accept the fact that the resale price of your reel plummeted.

You know how to hurt a guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Folks, if you're going to invest in an expensive reel, spend the extra $6 on a quality reel cover.

reel cover wouldnt have prevented this. he dropped it on a rock while fishing (landing a bass). it'd be hard to fish with the reel cover on....

POTOMACBASS:

if the reel still works fine i wouldn't worry about it too much. looks dont matter much in fishing reels, functionality does :)

the scrapes are pretty small.  maybe I could buy a tiny little bit of paint to put on it from daiwa.  It depends on how they put the paint on though.  The reason I set the reel down wasbecause I saw a post saying how holding a bass by it's lip can hurt it so I grabbed it by the lip and back.

reel cover wouldnt have prevented this. he dropped it on a rock while fishing (landing a bass). it'd be hard to fish with the reel cover on....

You don't have to fish with the cover on.  Keep it in your pocket, slip it over the reel if you're going to lay it down.

Not very smart to lay a $300 reel on rocks.

Who puts a reel cover on a reel while they are unhooking a fish?  

Don't worry about the battle scars.  They give a reel character.

You don't have to fish with the cover on. Keep it in your pocket, slip it over the reel if you're going to lay it down.

Not very smart to lay a $300 reel on rocks.

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who in the heck does this?????????

I have the same reel and I bank fish quite a bit.  I have learned the fine art of sticking my rod under my arm as I go to land my fish, but I wouldn't worry too much about a couple scratches.  If you don't plan on selling it, who cares?  I still love that reel b.t.w...Can't say enough good things about it!

I've never owned a Daiwa reel so I didn't realize they don't work if they get knicks on them. :)

Daiwa Pixy $330 + Upgrades $475 = $805 total.

Amazing what people can find to wizz away their money on.

Man a steez is expensive enough without mods.

-sm