Sign in to follow this  
fish-fighting-illini

pulled the trigger

I've wanted to try one for a while so I bought a brand new CuradoD while the prices were low ( $129).

I tested it on a 30 degree day with a 30mph wind from the bank. I liked how it performed anyway. It will be next year before I get to test it much.

The best deal I have been able ti find anywhere near me is 150 or so.  Im not sure I like the E series any better than the last years D series. But if I can find one for as cheap as you did it might just seal the deal.

Jake

The best deal I have been able ti find anywhere near me is 150 or so. Im not sure I like the E series any better than the last years D series. But if I can find one for as cheap as you did it might just seal the deal.

Jake

I just sent you an e-mail regarding this

You got ripped off, try ebay next time. You payed above retail closeout price for that reel, I saw a new one still in the box for sixty bucks at the pawn shop yesterday.

It's good that we have so many informed experts around here;

FROM TACKLE TOUR>>>>>>

Aside from enhanced ergonomics, upgraded performance, and added refinement Shimano has confirmed that rather than increase the price of the new reels they are going to actually reduce them versus the previous D version. The Curado D retails for $199.99 and the new reels will retail for 20 dollars less at $179.99 per reel. The 300 size will remain the same and retail for $249.99 per copy. Each and every Curado E will be made in Japan.

They were first discounted to around 169, before the E's hit the shelves, then to around 129, which is where most of the NIB's seem to sell for at E BaY AVG PRICE< CERTAINLY NOT A RIP OFF

You got ripped off, try ebay next time. You payed above retail closeout price for that reel, I saw a new one still in the box for sixty bucks at the pawn shop yesterday.

You definately have a way with words.

A good deal from a pawn shop may indeed involve a rip off but not necessecarily involving the buyer!

I'll take my $129 vs a pawn shop $60. Like I'd trust someone fom a pawn shop saying NIB but that's just me

Nice deal, I got my curado D NIB for 130 shipped awhile back when some store was having that crazy st croix avid deal, buy an Avid and get 10% off any reel, + the $50 shimano rebate =$130

Anyways, I had the 101D and I now have a 201E, the E is smaller than the 101D, has a stronger drag, and i feel like it's lighter for some reason even though the specs say the E is about .2oz heavier.  If you have paypal, an ebay account and an account with Live.com (microsoft website) they have a promotion going on right now where you can get 25% off any Buy-it-now purchase (it was 35% and slowly goes down 5% after a while).

I used buy-it-now on a 201E for $160 shipped and got 25% cash back making a grand total of $120.  The only stipulations are that you use paypal, use buy buy-it-now, and wait 60 days to get the cash back.  

It might be more of a hassle but if you're on a budget it's definitely worth it!

We won't be getting anymore expert advice from plastic ninja.

You don't get to be enlightened by his last post, but let's

just say, he forfeited his membership privileges.

-Kent a.k.a. roadwarrior

Global Moderator

We won't be getting anymore expert advice from plastic ninja.

You don't get to be enlightened by his last post, but let's

just say, he forfeited his membership privileges.

-Kent a.k.a. roadwarrior

Global Moderator

Well done.  

A good deal from a pawn shop may indeed involve a rip off but not necessecarily involving the buyer!

I'll take my $129 vs a pawn shop $60. Like I'd trust someone fom a pawn shop saying NIB but that's just me

Not only that...pawn shop stuff is usually stolen goods.So he'd be supporting the criminals out there.

Not only that...pawn shop stuff is usually stolen goods.So he'd be supporting the criminals out there.

Yep my thoughts exactly. Good luck getting a receipt for warranty purposes. The $60 would be tempting but pawn shops just seem creepy and slimy.

Good catch Kent iwhatever the post was had been cleaned up before I ever read anything.

In retrospect I regret having "stirred" the pot a little