Sign in to follow this  
bass wrangler569

What is the best rod series out there regardless of price?

Fenwick Tecna AV these are as good as any. Light, strong, and sensitive.

I have two GLX, but my other rods are close to perfect for their intended

use. I think "the best rods" are really only important for jigs and soft

plastics. An entirely different critera applies to other techniques.

All the rods you picked for your poll are probably great sticks, but

what is interesting is that when rods are compared, the standard is

the G. Loomis GLX. There might be a reason...

8-)

I think the best is either the Falcon Expert series or the BPS Johnny Morris Elite series. The American Rodsmiths H3 Titanium series is pretty good too.

Once you get up into quality rods- or reels for that matter,its all personal prefferance .If a rod feels good to you for the method you intend on using it then thats the rod for you.Having a more expensive rod certainly doesnt mean that its the best rod or that you are going to catch any more fish.

Have been using Avids for years and upgraded to the Legends some time back and feel they are excellent rods.  The Legends have been dependable, sensitive, and light weight.

However I feel I need to make a plug for American Rodsmiths....it is a shame they were left out of this as they make outstanding rods too!

There is no best of any thing just personal favorites; my personal absolute favorite rods ever were the first graphite rods built back in 1973 Fenwick's HMG which stood for High Modulus Graphite.

After years of fiberglass rods those HMG's were like magic to a worm fisherman :)

I have 2 Gloomis GL's and if money were no object, I would probably buy more. I love the ones I have but, I also love some of the BPS rods. It's something about the power hump handles! They just fit my hand right!

St. Croix Avid and Falcon Cara's are tied for the best in my mind.

My fishing buddy was able to put me in touch with a guy that has sold me a Croix Avid for 30$. The guy is on the up and up and seems to be sponsored or something so he's selling all his equipment for new models!!

I fish the Allstars by choice. They are no where near the best on the market. They do what I want when, I like their feel, and for the price I can own a lot more.

From those ones to choose, none of them. I 've got a GLX and I 'm not one of those persons that can feel THAT great difference in sensitivity between it and my IMXs. To my eyes the best bang for the buck is the IMX series.

The best for me is what I'm using now and they are Cabelas rods for all my setups. My top setups are all Cabelas XML's with me just adding a Cabelas XMLTI 6'6" MH casting rod to my setups.

Cabelas

I have 2 GLX (MBR844,BSR852) a g.loomis crankstick (cbr843) a St.Croix elite(ES70MF) 2 cabelas XML ti & a XML. I'm well satisfied with all of them. Do I catch more fish on the GLX's??? heck I don't know. Do I enjoy fishing more with the GLX's? most definitely.

I have several from many manufactures including Loomis and I like the Fenwick Tecna AV rods as well as any