Sign in to follow this  
djmax22

Need help picking out a Spinning reel

I am a baitcaster guy that hasn't fished with a spinning outfit for several years. I am looking for a spinning reel to pair with my new dropshot rod that I received as a gift. I tend to be partial to Shimano reels so what reel should buy  out of the following choices:

Symetre

Stradic

Saros

Any input would be helpful.

Any of the 3 are good reels. I have all 3 and I would say the Stradic is the one I like better!

Whichever one the baitmonkey is pointing to  ;D

Those are 3 great choices.  Of course, it you get the Stradic you'll never second guess yourself about having gotten the less expensive model. :)

Whichever one the baitmonkey is pointing to ;D

Those are 3 great choices. Of course, it you get the Stradic you'll never second guess yourself about having gotten the less expensive model. :)

That's pretty much my take on it. I have three Stradics and I LOVE them.  ;D

If you have narrowed your search down to those three, why not take the rod you are putting them on to your local tackkle store andtry them on the rod to see how they feel to you?

If you have narrowed your search down to those three, why not take the rod you are putting them on to your local tackkle store andtry them on the rod to see how they feel to you?

This is very important, IMHO. The weight of the reel changes the balance of the combo and its overall feeling in the hand.

If price isn't a consideration, then go with the Stradic. It costs the most for a reason.

The Stradic 2500FI was awarded ICAST "Best In Class".

8-)

Thanks everyone. I will be purchasing the Stradic 2500FI it should serve me well.

I'm on the other end of the spectrum.  I have the Symetres.  I do well with them.   ;D

Ern

I have the Saros and love it! Im using the 1000F, so I plan on giving that to the girlfriend and picking up a stradic 2500 when I get my BSR852 GLX senko rod hehe. The 1000 has just enough line for long casts, but after a few break offs or just general line clipping it starts to run out of spool when I really launch them out there.

I've got a new stradic 2500 paired with a crucial drop shot rod and it is awesome.  It works great for weightless plastics, DS, and shakey heads.  You'll love it.