Sign in to follow this  
ChiCityBasser

New Quantum Spinning Reels

Made the trip to BPS in Portage, IN to see how the new quantum spinning reels felt and compared to the older models. The New models are not only lighter as advertised but were so much smoother than last years models. BPS had both the new models on display with the old models so I got a chance to compare a bit as far as how they felt in my hand and smoothness and they are like night and day. I could feel the bearing smoothness in all of the new models compared to the old. Even picked up the Quantum KVD reel and it felt like crap compared to the newer models (which is the energy of a couple years ago). The field test will come in the spring after I have purchased them both so can't speak on the durability yet.

Not to stir the pot but they felt as smooth as my Shimano Sahara

I'm sold and will be picking up a New Catalyst PTI-B 20 and possibly a Kinetic PTI-B20

Anyone else had the chance to see or feel the new models

Have not seen them yet, but have read some good reviews.  I am anxious to check them out.  Thinking about picking up a couple myself.  I like Quantums.

Thinking about picking up a couple myself. I like Quantums.

Me, too... :(

I only own one Quantum. My only beef is the finish, it didn't hold up for long at all. Mechanically it's fine. Maybe you'll have better luck.

I have two older Kinetics that I like alot!

I checked out Quantum's line up at BPS as well when I was there earlier in the month. The new line up definitely impressed me! It's a shame I don't need another spinning reel! Or do I???????? LOL!

i wish i could get one of the new quantums, but im short on cash now and will have to wait till summer to be able to purchase one i am starting to switch away from shimano to quantum  ::(

Thinking about picking up a couple myself. I like Quantums.

Me, too... :(

Look out, either hell is freezing over or lightning is about to strike

I can see the posse being rounded up as we speak

That or RW's nose is suddenly longer!

I'll be buying the Energy 30 PTi-B during the Spring Classic. That will be a real nice match to the Energy PT b/c reel from last year. I like the Quantum spinning reels of this year, a bit lighter & smoother. Also comes w/ a spare spool...unlike Shimano. >:(

That new Tour Edition b/c reel sure is calling my name....

Hey ChiCity, I have friends that live up by Grays Lake & Gurnee Mills.  Will be visiting them in the Spring time.  Have you fished up there & do you have any suggestions on places to fish?

I am looking forward to what people's reviews are going to be for the new Energy PT BC reel. It looks sooooo nice....!!

I'll be buying the Energy 30 PTi-B during the Spring Classic. That will be a real nice match to the Energy PT b/c reel from last year. I like the Quantum spinning reels of this year, a bit lighter & smoother. Also comes w/ a spare spool...unlike Shimano. >:(

That new Tour Edition b/c reel sure is calling my name....

Hey ChiCity, I have friends that live up by Grays Lake & Gurnee Mills. Will be visiting them in the Spring time. Have you fished up there & do you have any suggestions on places to fish?

I'll be getting mine during the spring classic also when they have the reel trade in and yeah they are lighter and much smoother. The Catalyst PTI-B 20 is calling my name and actually like the Kinetic in 20 also. Thinking of adding a new B/C and have to wait on the reviews to see about getting the Catalyst B/C.

Ghost I have never fished up that way but I'll check with my brother cause I know he has. Usually hit the spring classic at Gurnee Mills BPS but this year going to the Portage, IN BPS since they are doing the reel trade in as well.