Sign in to follow this  
Ciddy

What real should I get in the range of $100 to $180

I bought a g blanks rod and was wondering what new real to buy to put on it I am looking for a reel in the price range of $100 to $180.what reels do you like and think you would get the best use of for this price range

I would get a Revo SX.  You'll even have some change left over.

Spinning or Baitcasting?

yeah it is on closout for $186 but on the home page on the right hand side of the page there is a spot that says they will match prices and spring sales. click on that and then add the mg to your cart and another 10% is taken off. :)

id figure out what type of real you wanted, then give ebay a good look.

If you are looking for a baitcaster ***.com has shimano chronach mg50 for 168.99 on closeout

If you're looking for a baitcaster, nothin' to talk about!

If it's a spinning reel you need, Shimano Stradic 2500FI, ICAST "Best In Class".

8-)

Ive heard that the Mg's handle braid really well and are good for flipping. is this true?

I dont like using my MGs for flipping. I use them on light lure setups  and for fishing jerkbaits. I personally don't feel like the the reel has enough power to winch the fish out a jungle.

djmaxx22

The MG's have as much drag as most reels... outside of the revo series.  I don't know about you but most people break rods when playing with more than 10 lbs of drag.  

As for winching them out of cover, the rod does the work, not the reel.  Any reel's handle will just spin when working with pressure over the current drag setting.

The biggest complaint in using a 50 MG as a flipping reel is that it's physically too light to help balance the rod, not that it can't handle the work.

djmaxx22

The MG's have as much drag as most reels... outside of the revo series.  I don't know about you but most people break rods when playing with more than 10 lbs of drag.  

As for winching them out of cover, the rod does the work, not the reel.  Any reel's handle will just spin when working with pressure over the current drag setting.

The biggest complaint in using a 50 MG as a flipping reel is that it's physically too light to help balance the rod, not that it can't handle the work.

x2. Though, I mainly use my 51Mg for finesse applications. I have other reels to handle the heavier stuff.

yeah it is on closout for $186 but on the home page on the right hand side of the page there is a spot that says they will match prices and spring sales. click on that and then add the mg to your cart and another 10% is taken off. :)

Looks like they're sold out of right hand 50MG's.  I was just about to pull the trigger on another myself.