Sign in to follow this  
Hatty

Quick Question: Curado E7 or MG?

Curado e7 or MG; I have been asking so many questions lately and I appreciate the help...

It's not that simple...  2 considerations:  for what applications and at what price?

Curado e7 $179.99

MG51 $184.99

Applications: Top water, Spinner, and Crank

Thanks for the votes!

If you are throwing light cranks, spinnerbaits, and buzzbaits; I would go with the 51Mg. I have used mine up to 1/2 oz, but it excels when throwing under 3/8 oz lures. Keep in mind that the e7 takes up a lot of line, well at least a lot more than the Mg.  Something to consider when throwing moving baits, especially cranking.

I prefer a slower retrieve most of the time so I opt for the 51Mg for lighter stuff and 101B for the heavier. I just prefer not to slow down my retrieve, such is the case for me with a 7:0 gear ratio reel. Just my $.02 .

I would go with the Curado just for the fact it has the HEG.  But don't get me wrong, I have both reels and love both reels.

As uicdent11 stated the 51MG excels at light baits, heck it excels at everything, but then so does the Curado.

Later, :)

Wow, I only have the money for one of them currently... very hard to choose; any other opinions?

Get the Mg and order a spool assembly for a Citica 100DSV ( direct compatibility ), now you have 2 spools, 1 for the lighter baits/lighter line and the deep spool for the heavier baits/larger line.

Is it safe to assume the MG can handle heavy baits as well?  Meaning the MG is a more versatile reel?

Is it safe to assume the MG can handle heavy baits as well?

Mine does

Meaning the MG is a more versatile reel?

Nope, it 's not more versatile, it does the same the other one does, the Mg does cast lighter baits better ( not saying the Curado deosn 't, it does but not as good as the Mg ). But in one department the Mg leaves the Curado running for it 's life, in the weight department, if you have never fished with a 6 oz reel you don 't know what you are missing.

I have a variety of Shimano reels, several more expensive

than the CH50MG. In my opinion this is a "Best Value" and

perhaps my favorite reel.

8-)

I have a variety of Shimano reels, several more expensive

than the CH50MG. In my opinion this is a "Best Value" and

perhaps my favorite reel.

8-)

Ain 't that the truth !  :)

The Mg is a reel that anybody who has owned one "likes", it 's a reel that anybody who owns one simply loves.

I used to own a Calais 100A ( very nice reel ! ) but if I had to choose which one I would go with my Mg without thinking it too much. It 's one of my favorite reels.

My 51MG has its own bed and I am building a room onto the house just for it.lol

Seriously though the reel is just awesome and the fact that it is only 6oz doesn't hurt either.

Later, :)

Well, I will be putting my order in for an MG51 in the next hour... what more can be said; great advice.

Thank you

Ordered from ***.com seems like a cool company... talked to someone on the phone and ordered online.  Anyone ever buy anything from them?

You couldn't have picked a better company.

Almost all of the long-time members on this board use Tackle Warehouse for most of their online tackle "needs".

Good to hear; glad I didn't make an $184 donation...  always looking for great companies and with solid advice from this board I am a grateful.  

just got the mg last week been fishing with it for about 3 times now its pretty good really light.. i threw jerkbaits and rips easily 7/16, 1/2, 3/4 cast prety far and it was my first baitcaster i learned how to throw in less than 5 cast its pretty easy just set the friction control and breaks to what suits you and your good to go... bought it from *** got it here in less than 3 days because i live about 1-2 hours only from the warehouse, but its a great place to buy from in my opinion...

have met a lotta different folks that either liked or disliked a lotta different reels.

have yet to meet anyone that did not like the 50mg.

and, yes, tw is good folks.