Rod Suggestions For A Scorpion 1000

I like my spinning tackle for everything I will probably

use this rig to fish, but I would like suggestions for an

appropriate match for the reel. I'm thinking drop-shot

or some other sissy application.

Thanks!

8-)

MBR782 IMX  ;)

I've just started screwing around with DS and some other "sissy-line" applications with my AVC62MXF.  Its just "ho-hum" so far.  if you can find the same casting rod, maybe six or eight inches longer, you'd be money with that reel.  

BTW, I've used that reel (not THAT one) and it is a very, very nice reel for light stuff, despite its Shimano namesake.

;D

BTW, I've used that reel (not THAT one) and it is a very, very nice reel for light stuff, despite its Shimano namesake.

;D

Better watch out with what you sayin uh, it 's a Shimano and it 's the Sheriff who askin ' ......... you can get in deep trubble in Dodge City.  ;)

That reel will not work on any rod. Kent shoot me a PM so I can give you my address, my scrap guy comes once a week. I will dispose of it FREE OF CHARGE!!!!

;D

Better watch out with what you sayin uh, it 's a Shimano and it 's the Sheriff who askin ' ......... you can get in deep trubble in Dodge City.  ;)

I'm just jealous....five more minutes, and I might have scooped it up, LOL.

TBC69MLXF, 6-10lb Line. Drop Shot Rod. Great for the dropshot, darter head worms, or any other finesse technique. Plenty of backbone for solid hooksets.

This one would match color

Dobyns Extreme Casting Rod 7' Light 701

Yes I wish I had this problem

The Shimano 'regular' Scorpion represents a tie between it and the pixy as the best casting baitcaster I have ever used.  Cal (whom has used a lot of reels) agrees with me.  The burgundy scorpion outperforms the Mg50 and Scorpion Mg in casting.  

I like my spinning tackle for everything I will probably

use this rig to fish, but I would like suggestions for an

appropriate match for the reel. I'm thinking drop-shot

or some other sissy application.

Thanks!

8-)

RW maybe something along the lines of an AVC68MXF, or AVC69MLXF only spiral wrapped for stability...

Tight Lines!!!

Roadwarrior,

Yeah that Scorpion is one heck of a reel  :).  It'll feel right at home on a a custom G Loomis 782 Slate/IMX blank!!  It makes for a sensitive finesse slayer.  

I will have to disagree with the Natural though, although it is great little reel, it is not and I repeat is not an MG50, right out of the box, but nothing a little supertuning or ball bearing handle can't fix  ;), fortunately you won't have that problem  ;D!

Here's your chance to finally try a Dobyns rod RW!

I have a 702C that I use for drop shotting and shaking heading. Love it. Or if you really want to have some fun, the 701 is a blast.

I know you love your St Croix and Loomis, just thought I'd throw it out there  ;)

I have the Dolbyns 803 saddled with a CH50MG.

I think a Reel Mechanic Custom is in my future.

:;)

I've got a brand new Falcon Cara T7 Weightless Worm Special (actually 3 of them), and I have fallen in love with mine for small cranks/shaky/etc.  It is a 6'8" ML/M fast split grip.  I'd even send it to you to try, and if you didn't like it you can send it back.  If you are interested...PM for price.

Thank you guys for all the suggestions.

8-)