Sign in to follow this  
Glenn

Which reels do you own?

Curious whether or not it's evenly split.

Cool.  That's the first time since I've been here that I was the first to answer a poll.  I have all three though the spincast reels are used mainly by my wife, kids, and grandchildren.  

2 spinning reels and 12 baitcasters. Can ya guess what I use more?  ;D ;D ;D

I have 14 bait casters and 2 spinners

Nicole has 2 casters and 3 spinners

Josh has 2 casters and 1 spinner

Taylor has 1 caster and 1 spinner and 1 spincast

I rarely use my spinners except for light line soft plastics.

Nicole, Josh and Taylor are about 50-50 on theirs.

You forgot Spincaster and Spinning.  I would venture to say many beginners own them without owning a baitcaster.

I have about 5 Spinning and 15 baitcasters that I use for bass fishing.

Spincast stuff is mostly Pflueger Presidents, about 10 of them ranging from 25 series to 40 series.  This is my main fishing gear as I am much more comfortable with spinning gear.  I don't really "power" fish, but use lighter tackle for the most part.

I have three Abu Garcia (4600c3, 5500c3 and 6500c3) round baitcasters and one Penn 209 leverwind used for catfish and sometimes bass jigging.  

I have never really been into baitcasters, but I may start with a couple of Revo s reels and 7' heavy action rods for bass fishing, but right now still using spinning gear for the most part.

I have got 5 baitcasters and one spinning outfit.  I mainly use my spinning rig for: Senko's, Shakey Head, Jerkbaits, and any other light line and light weight baits.  I use the baitcasters for everything else.

Trust me though I am going to get plenty more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have got 5 baitcasters and one spinning outfit. I mainly use my spinning rig for: Senko's, Shakey Head, Jerkbaits, and any other light line and light weight baits. I use the baitcasters for everything else.

Trust me though I am going to get plenty more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It happens quick, last year I had 2 spinning combos and 2 baitcasters, one of which was for cranks

I usually carry 6 rods and always have at least 4 baitcasters, usually 5 but if I'm going to be doing more finesse fishing i'll leave the 5th caster and take a 2nd spinning rod  8-)

What is a Folgers coffee can with winch cable wrapped around it considered?

8-10 spinning reels for various purposes.  Just  got started with BC's a couple of years ago. Only have 3 at the moment with 2 on the way.

Just pick up three Diawa Execelor spinning reels that I just had rods come in for.  And I am currently debating between Diawa, Abu, and Shimano on overhauling my BCs.

I have about a dozen baitcasting reels and 1 spinning reel.  The spinning reel was sold about a month ago.  For some reason it just doesn't feel like I have control w/ the spinning outfil.  

6 Spinning (4xQuanutm, 1xDiawa, 1xOkuma)

3 BC (well, 2 since my shimano it NMC, 2xQuantum)

Plan on 2 more BC (Quantum) and 1 more Spinning (free Quantum with purchase of Cajun Line) when I get home in May.  Spinning is mostly ultralight for finesse fishing (with two Heavy Action for Salmon, Lake Trout, Catfish)

Lot of people stating how many they have of what type but not what brand, just curious. :-?

I have 2 spinning and 2 bait casters.  Looking to add a third bait caster in the next couple of weeks.

Later, ;)

Ok lets see I have 2 BC setups with my Prodigy and Quantum Accurist PT. Just sold my Daiwa Megaforce and picked up Quantum Energy PT but no rod for it yet.

Spinning-wow ok I have 5 setups Daiwa Regal/Cabelas Tourney Trail, Quantum Kinetic PTI-B/Berkley Amp, BPS Viper/Daiwa Rod, Shimano Sahara/Cabelas XML

I also have 2 Cabelas XML rods, a Berkley Amp and a Cabelas Fish Eagle II with no reels on them...Guess its time for another couple of reel purchases.

16 baitcasters

8 spinning

5 fly rods

and one Alvey rod and reel

Not all of this is bass fishing gear