Sign in to follow this  
Parcall

Spinnerbait Rod

Quantum Energy PT 7' MHF. This leaves money left over to buy a few more spinnerbaits too!  ;)

7'MH St. Croix Avid

Specifically, AVC70MHF.

8-)

Quantum has their new line of rods out now and KVD has designed a 6'10" spinnerbait rod (similiar to the new crankbait rods w/ split foam grips and maroon colored).  It is an awesome rod but is just outside of the range you suggested ($199)  It has a great tip and plenty of backbone for roll casting.  I highly recommend it.

try out the St Croix MojoBass spinnerbait rod for $90....I really like the rod and save you a few $$$ for some new lures

7'MH St. Croix Avid

Yes, you can feel the blades move so well.

My spinnerbait rod is a 6'6" MH All-Star Pro Series casting rod.  It does pretty good, but I hope to upgrade soon.

Kistler Magnesium TS All Purpose Special 6' 9" Medium Heavy Fishing Rod. This is an awesome spinnerbait rod. It has enough tip to put the bait where you want it and plenty of backbone to get a good hook set. Hope this helps...  ;)

I too used my Kistler Magnesium TS All Purpose Special 6' 9" Medium Heavy for spinnerbaits, with great success, until a couple weeks ago. I just got the Kistler Argon series spinnerbait rod. Its a 6'7" MH with a short split grip handle. I put a new Revo Winch on it and have only been out twice since getting it set up. So far so good! This will be my primary spinnerbait rod backed up by my Magnesium All Purpose on those spinnerbait days.

The Argon is just outside your listed price range but they run sales on the website often.

Once you fish with a Kistler it's hard to pick up anything else...IMHO