Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BenoBreath

Mono or Braid for Bass Jigs ?

Recommended Posts

Which line would be better on a baitcaster, when throwing jigs

for bass ? (this topic probably has been posted before, I did a

search and could'nt locate it.)

Thanks for all replies !

BB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fish with mono, for me it 's better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have much more sensitivity with braid than you do with mono as well as zero stretch. I personally use braid with all my jigs , with the exeption of clear water then I will throw them on flurocarbon. So I would recomend braid, preferably Stren Sonic braid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use braid most of the time about 85% but with a fluorocarbon leader, use fluorocarbon the other 15%  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I fish with mono, for me it 's better.

Me too :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, Mono and jigs= never. I use braid in weeds, fluorocarbon in wood , rocks, clear water, and anyplace else except thick weeds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Hammer:

Just picked up a spool of #10 lb. Ultra Soft from Cabela's.

Would that handle 1/4-1/2oz jigs?

Thanks,

 BB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I fish with mono, for me it 's better.

I'll use braid in matted vegetation only :D  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does for me.. :D

Hey Hammer:

Just picked up a spool of #10 lb. Ultra Soft from Cabela's.

Would that handle 1/4-1/2oz jigs?

Thanks,

BB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neither. Flourocarbon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like Yo-Zuri Hybrid but I will also use Daiwa Samurai Braid when the situation calls for it.

Later, :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing rods

    fishing rods


    fishing rods

    fishing reels
    fishing gear

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×