Sign in to follow this  
jocoboy50

lookin for a good rod/reel combo

well i've always fished with cheap wal mart fishin rods but we got a new pond and my friend has a bass boat now. so what do you think is the best rod and reel? and i'm only in highschool so money isn't on my side.haha thanks for help

first what route you going to go..baitcaster or spinning gear?and give us a figure we can start with sayt 100-200 bucks??? if anything walk into your local basspro shop and check out the housebrand combos they got and just ask the reel counter guys theyll be happy to help you out and get you going with what you need in your price range.but yea let us know what your willing to spend then we can get the ball moving for you.

Quantum Accurist and a St Croix Mojo. On ebay this will put you at around $150. Or a Citica 200d can be interchanged for the Accurist. Great starting Combo IMO. MY brother owns the accurist and its a great reel, and I have heard great things about the Mojo.

Reels: Revo S, Citica 200

Rods: Shimano Compre or St. Croix Mojo/Premier

I would look to ebay for both. Everything I listed can be had anywhere from $60-80 through bidding. Good luck.

*Think about trying out a LH baitcaster if you are just starting out. I made the switch early on and I love it.

Reels: Revo S, Citica 200

Rods: Shimano Compre or St. Croix Mojo/Premier

I would look to ebay for both. Everything I listed can be had anywhere from $60-80 through bidding. Good luck.

*Think about trying out a LH baitcaster if you are just starting out. I made the switch early on and I love it.

x2 on the left hand. Make sure you go to a store and feel it, some like to switch hands on the retrieve so they can reel with their right

$150 f0r both ok...this works good for you,youll get some good stuff for a first timer,up to you but id stay far away from quantum.for a rod id def. go with a e2 carrot stick ($150) or of you wanna save a lil and put more towards a reel id say the st.croix mojo ($100) as for a reel id go with a shimano curado if you get that st.croix rod youd be saving $50 so youd be able to get it cause that reel is $170 or the shimano citica 200e its the same frame as the curado minus a few bearings but still smooth thats only $120,or the same rod st.croix and get the abu garcia revosx ($179) that reel has the ultimate drag you can pull in a tree with that reel.but good luck to you and enjoy whatever you get.another reel to check is the team daiwa tierra i myself am going to grab one of these next week ($130)

Here ya go; All but one of my set ups are these

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?id=0053569&navCount=1&parentId=cat20285&masterpathid=&navAction=push&cmCat=MainCatcat20166-cat20285&parentType=index&indexId=cat20285&rid=

145 bucks: Pflueger Trion LP ( narrow spool / or wide) on a Cabela's Fish Eagle II 6'6" Med Heavy , I would suggest in action. They serve me well .

Right in your budget!

Here ya go; All but one of my set ups are these

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?id=0053569&navCount=1&parentId=cat20285&masterpathid=&navAction=push&cmCat=MainCatcat20166-cat20285&parentType=index&indexId=cat20285&rid=

145 bucks: Pflueger Trion LP ( narrow spool / or wide) on a Cabela's Fish Eagle II 6'6" Med Heavy , I would suggest in action. They serve me well .

Right in your budget!

Hmm...

Seems like the perfect answer to me.

8-)