Sign in to follow this  
mrlitetackle

Braid..........its not just for fishing anymore!

well i recently got a new plano tackle bag, and the d@mn stitching came out of it within 5 outings......

i was might ticked.....

i didnt want the hassle of taking it back, so i used a little home remedy..

40lb suffix braid to be exact...... my stitch job sure ain't pretty (as you can see)....

but something tells me that it wont rip again ;)

post-20421-130162926569_thumb.jpg

Looks good to me!!!!!!

I know some archers who are using Spiderwire Invisibraid?  I think it's called to serve the ends of their bowstrings. I also used it to suture my arm when I fell out of a tree and cut myself.  

I used Stren Sinking Braid to sew up a leaf tarp I use when raking leaves.  IMO, this is the best use for braid.  

I used Stren Sinking Braid to sew up a leaf tarp I use when raking leaves. IMO, this is the best use for braid.

Used it to repair one of my straps on my boat cover.  Also used it to hang up the wife's bird feeders and windchimes.  See, braid has uses after all.  ;D

Hey Mrlite, heck yes ! I use braid for all kinds of projects. Works as great for other stuff, as it does fishing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Micro, I had forgotten that you didn't like braid (until I saw your other post, that I responded to)

So, what is it about super strong, super thin, and super sensitive, that you don't like ?

Oh, and have you at least used braid enough (caught a big fish on it) that for just once in your life, you could find out what "it really feels like" to have a fish fighting at the end of your line ?

Strict mono guys will really never have any idea what that feels like.

Braid = fishing line

Mono = rubberband

;)

Peace,

Fish

Hey Mrlite, heck yes ! I use braid for all kinds of projects. Works as great for other stuff, as it does fishing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Micro, I had forgotten that you didn't like braid (until I saw your other post, that I responded to)

So, what is it about super strong, super thin, and super sensitive, that you don't like ?

Oh, and have you at least used braid enough (caught a big fish on it) that for just once in your life, you could find out what "it really feels like" to have a fish fighting at the end of your line ?

Strict mono guys will really never have any idea what that feels like.

Braid = fishing line

Mono = rubberband

;)

Peace,

Fish

Let em know Chris man, let em know!!!! Half the people who dog braid have never even tried it long enough to hook a fish IMO!!!!

I used Stren Sinking Braid to sew up a leaf tarp I use when raking leaves. IMO, this is the best use for braid.

Used it to repair one of my straps on my boat cover. Also used it to hang up the wife's bird feeders and windchimes. See, braid has uses after all. ;D

Last year I gathered all my odd filler spools of braid, all with a few yards left, and used them to hang feeders as well.  I have Power Pro and Stren hanging from quite a few of our trees.  ;D

Braid is awesome no doubt, from fishing to stitching. My mother-in-law and all her quilting buddies use it all the time.  The other day she was asking if I knew where to buy a line dispenser so she could arrange all her braided line, needless to say I was taken back.  Only problem is she uses fireline!  

The original super fiber is Micro Dyneema® manufactured by Dutch State Mines (DMS)

The world's strongest fiber. Dyneema® is a super strong polyethylene fiber that offers maximum strength combined with minimum weight. It is up to 15 times stronger than quality steel and up to 40% stronger than aramid fibers, both on weight for weight basis.

Dyneema® floats on water and is extremely durable and resistant to moisture, UV light and chemicals. The applications are therefore more or less unlimited.

Dyneema® is an important component in ropes, cables and nets in the fishing, shipping and offshore industries. Dyneema® is also used in safety gloves for the metalworking industry and in fine yarns for applications in sporting goods and the medical sector. In addition, Dyneema® is also used in bullet resistant armor and clothing for police and military personnel.

The original super fiber is Micro Dyneema® manufactured by Dutch State Mines (DMS)

The world's strongest fiber. Dyneema® is a super strong polyethylene fiber that offers maximum strength combined with minimum weight. It is up to 15 times stronger than quality steel and up to 40% stronger than aramid fibers, both on weight for weight basis.

Dyneema® floats on water and is extremely durable and resistant to moisture, UV light and chemicals. The applications are therefore more or less unlimited.

Dyneema® is an important component in ropes, cables and nets in the fishing, shipping and offshore industries. Dyneema® is also used in safety gloves for the metalworking industry and in fine yarns for applications in sporting goods and the medical sector. In addition, Dyneema® is also used in bullet resistant armor and clothing for police and military personnel.

i guess its abrasion resistant then...